X

Work In Progress

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work In Progress

Alright so I bought my Kat last Oct and haven't been able to ride it because I've had it all apart doing a fender eliminator, new rear turn signals, 03+ tail swap and painting it all. I just finished painting the tail section along with the belly fairing, I was only able to wet sand and polish the tail section today I will work on the belly fairing on wednesday when I have time. I am doing everything with duplicolor rattle cans. The only thing that I am not super impressed with is the glossyness of the clear (maybe I just haven't done enough polishing). There are a few super small blemishes that are barely visible and don't bother me at all after all its not going to be a show bike. Here are a few pictures, comments, suggestions, and constuctive critizism are welcome!

This is the desingn I am working towards the grey is called Viper graphite and I am still trying to find a white that I like, for the red pin striping I was thinking about doing some sort of red reflective pin stipe tape.

Here are a few pictures of the finished tail section.

Last edited by unit44justin; 06-08-2010, 12:25 AM.
    Do you know why Santa is so jolly.... Because he knows where all the naughty girls live..

tail looks good. cant wait for the finished version. I would vote for the reflective red so it pops at night. Keep us posted
    Godspeed
    CSBA #1167
    Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

VW Candy White would be very nice for that scheme! Reminds me of a similar scheme I did on one a while back (pic below). We layed it out the way yours is planned but we weren't sure how it would look. Now that I see you rendering, I think it looks great!

Originally posted by katanawarrior
      I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Shifty View Post
        VW Candy White would be very nice for that scheme! Reminds me of a similar scheme I did on one a while back (pic below). We layed it out the way yours is planned but we weren't sure how it would look. Now that I see you rendering, I think it looks great!

nice bike what year and model di that vw candy come on?
        Do you know why Santa is so jolly.... Because he knows where all the naughty girls live..

Comment

if you don't go for the vdub candy white...check out stone white from dodge...it's a nice white without being overpowering/blinding in the sun, i think it would mesh well with the graphite

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Im digging the stone white looks very slick especially on a challenger.

Comment

the paint looks good so far... but to me, the design is too busy... not trying to disrespect or anything, its your bike, but i guess i just look more towards cleaner, simpler designs

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
              "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

Originally posted by airforceranger49 View Post
                the paint looks good so far... but to me, the design is too busy... not trying to disrespect or anything, its your bike, but i guess i just look more towards cleaner, simpler designs

no disrepect taken thats what constructive critzism is for, you got any pointers that may help it out?

Comment

Originally posted by unit44justin View Post
                  no disrepect taken thats what constructive critzism is for, you got any pointers that may help it out?
                  to me, it just seems to blocky for a bike as curvey and with as many smooth lines as the kat... maybe make it a lil less angular, and smooth it out a lil ... just a suggestion bro

"for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads

Comment

to me, it just seems to blocky for a bike as curvey and with as many smooth lines as the kat... maybe make it a lil less angular, and smooth it out a lil ... just a suggestion bro

I do like your design but I do have to agree with the above quote.
                    sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

Right on are you talking about the skinny middle section where it comes up to the top? It was kind of tough doing the stuff with just paint shop and that outline because it doesn't have all the angles and curves that the fairings have.

Comment

I found you kinda have to lay that clear on thick to get it super glossy, looks good so far, i like the design
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by unit44justin View Post
                          Right on are you talking about the skinny middle section where it comes up to the top? It was kind of tough doing the stuff with just paint shop and that outline because it doesn't have all the angles and curves that the fairings have.
                          i'm looking at the two tone part around the bottom air vents... just too boxy... to me, it just needs to be smoothed out

my build threads

Comment

Awesome! Did you draw that mock-up yourself, or is there a program that will do that for you? If so, I want in on the action!

Comment

there is a template floating around here of a 98-02 that I used and I just opened it up in MS paint since I dont have photoshop and did a rough mock up I should have it done sometime with in the next couple weeks minues the take which I think I may leave blue and work on it over the winter.

Comment

Working...
                              X