Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

1992 Katana Basket Case - the beginning!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Katana Basket Case - the beginning!

here's a few photos, some from when i brought her home, then some from the frame painting and mounting of the forks.
    Attached Files

Wow! That is what I call a project. I can't wait to see the progress and what you make it into.
    It's all good! It's goody good!

Comment

I think your missing a bolt....

Looking forward to seeing this coming together!

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

It looks pretty complete. Wonder why it's in pieces......

A good cleaning, some rattle cans, and a little bit of time and she'll be back on the road.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

nice. looking forward to keeping up with the ressurection, take lots of pics.
          Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Sheesh, who threw the grenade?

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
              Sheesh, who threw the grenade?
              +1

and as for it being in so many peices the person that owned it before could have been getting ready to part it out idk just a thought
              time to nut up or shut up
              Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
              The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Great time to recondition/paint all those hard to get to parts.

Comment

it was taken apart to be "customized," as the PO put it. motor turns, carbs were filthy but are now clean.

my first question has arisen.....the clutch cable seems to attach to just a little spring-loaded device inside the countershaft sprocket guard....i've never worked on a bike where the cable didn't connect to some sort of lever on the top of one of the side covers where the actual clutch is.

thoughts?

Comment

and more photos cuz who doesnt love photos.....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Keep the details coming! I'm wanting to start a project on my 96 like this. I'm watching this for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by moto_addict View Post
                        my first question has arisen.....the clutch cable seems to attach to just a little spring-loaded device inside the countershaft sprocket guard....i've never worked on a bike where the cable didn't connect to some sort of lever on the top of one of the side covers where the actual clutch is.

thoughts?
                        That spring loaded device has a lever on it that when it moves upwards (when you operate the clutch) it slides outwards via a ball bearing gear. There's a rod that connects to that mechanism that passes through the engine block to where the clutch is and pushes against the pressure plate to engage and disengage the clutch.

It would be a good idea to disassemble the ball bearing mechanism considering how old the bike is to clean and apply new greese. Just be aware that there are several ball bearings in there, so have a way to capture them when they come out/off. And observe where and how they are situated
                        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

update!!

so, it's been months. but this is where i stand on the '92 project bike that you see in boxes at the beginning of this thread.

i'm pretty proud of it.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I didn't read the whole thread, but the pics now compared to the pics in the beginning, it looks great! I like the red.

Is that black thing on the side of the bike in the second picture an alarm system?

Comment

That's nice work!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X