No announcement yet.
X

2006 Kawasaki ZZR1400

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooooo..... just went to motards-online and they took down the pics. Said that Kawi lawyers threatened them:

"Update: Kawasaki asked to remove these pictures.
    Sorry.

You wan news about this company? Ask them by mail.
    Don't expect us to talk again about a company threathening its enthusiasts."
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
      Ooooooo..... just went to motards-online and they took down the pics. Said that Kawi lawyers threatened them:
      Good for Motards-online for tattling...

Something similar happened to a guy who found pictures of the 2006 'Vette and posted it on his corvette owners site..

Only GMs goons showed up at his house!!!

Eeeekkkkk!!!

Comment

Kawisaki Testerbusa? It just needs a big wing out back!

Comment

I love the front and rear signals.. Over all I think its pretty appealing to the eye...with except of the front end, it seems alittle bit too rounded off and bulky to me.

Comment

I like everything but the seat, It is pretty big and I like big bikes. put a braada cowl on it and I would ride it, but I would have to take kawi stickers off, lol. SUZUKI FOR LIFE
            Big Cory
            SBFMC 707
            2005 Hayabusa

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              Hmmm... I suspect also that it might be a 1300cc bike instead of 1400cc's based on the file names for the pictures... a quick pop by Motard-online.com for more info says they've been asked by Kawa to remove the pics from their site with a cease-and-desist order (hmmm)...

Analyzing the pictures:

Ram-air duct under front headlight assembly.

Gas tank either extends under the seat, or is a false tank cover (plastic?). WIth the increase in rise of the tank and the narrower appearance, odds are it's real and does carry more of the fuel lower (required for decent range out of the engine). Tank design would also imply a crappy fuel gauge (if any fuel gauge -- tank shape is hard to compensate for; most likely a low-level warning light instead), but does give a lower CG. Expect constant tummy-to-tank action, and hope your "package" isn't mashed on braking (better be some grip to that seat cover material).

Black rubberized-plastic streamlined side knee-panels won't weather well, based on similar plastics on other bikes from Kawa. I expect to see an aftermarket replacement or a revision to this design before it rolls out at dealers. Does have the advantage of being easier to grip with knees, though, and the out-and-about shape is used intentionally to open and help smoothly close the air-bubble at the rear of the bike (higher top speeds).

Rear lights faired in, blinkers on faired-in extends, like the last model, but looks a lot more like an '05 GSXR1k tail than the odd spaceship styling used previously.

:arrow I don't see anywhere to mount hardsided luggage with that tail (or with the up-swept pipes, though, implying may not be targeted at the real sports-touring segment... Unless they mount particularly high up, using the small bit of exposed rear subframe (just behind/above the passenger pegs) plus the rear grab bar mounting location as the mounting points. Even at that, I don't expect any available luggage to hold very much because of the flair of the tail assembly & the upswept pipes..

40 to 44 tooth rear sprocket... probably means the front is a 16 tooth for high top-end, since the 1300 or 1400 cc engine should make quite a lot of torque.

carbs would have to be history due to the emissions requirements. Thus, expect injectors and fuel pumps (fuel pump would be required if that tank is really that shape anyway). Note that the exhaust headers run forward a bit before curving back, possibly required to permit sufficient space for the catalytic converter that would be needed for emissions requirements.

Seat-to-handlebar reach puts the driver down against the tank, very Busa-like in that sense, and good for the aerodynamics. The Front end also looks like it's been reivsed for a good top-speed run.

Rear shock well hidden, implying a remote adjuster probably.

Front & rear brake rotors petal patterned, similar to the current Ninja offerings. Useful for a bike with this much heft. No sensor ring for ABS on any of the rotors implies no ABS offered. Raidal brake calipers front, but crappy brake line routing in the back... Hmmm...

heavy/long bar-end weights imply sports-touring.

mirrors look like they might be crap at speed, but closer look makes me notice the stabilizing wind slip design (notice the gap between the glass part at the back and the housing body)?

Windshield angle puts the head and shoulders in the windstream unless the driver is tucked, again implying they are going more sport than touring if it's still even to be considered the sports-tourer in their line-up. A lot of riders will have buffetting issues with the stock screen the way it is.

rubber-coated front & rear foot-pegs says sports tourer, but postioning and angles of the foot controls says sportier, with more than a 100 degree bend at the knee required for a typical adult mail. The cut-outs at the side of the tank (arm-shaped, going to the handlebars) also implies a lie-down tuck.

rake and trail are a bit steep for a sports-tourer. The wind-fairing for the front forks says speed as well.

--------
              They're also releasing a new 10R, see the official Kawa media press release here (with pictures). Didn't see anything on the ZZR1400 there though...

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet

Holly shit I wish I couldve tried spotting that all myself. Thanks for taking the fun out of it!!!
              Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blkpitbull
                Holly shiate I wish I couldve tried spotting that all myself. Thanks for taking the fun out of it!!!
                I only covered what was obvious (I'll admit, I was bored waiting for some client approval/revisions to a file I had just finished)...
                Why don't you do the rest (like estimating the valve face angles based on the exhausts, and from that extrapolate the RPM redline; what type of tranny set-up they used; what's under the plastic side panels under front seat; where the battery is hidden; whether it will be ankle burner or not when the fans kick on; etc).

=-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X