X

UPDATED! (Sailing & Motorcycling)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATED! (Sailing & Motorcycling)

About two weeks ago, I crewed for a sailboat in the Oregon Six Pac, a weeklong race from Portland, OR to Astoria and back. Everyday we did about a 25 mile leg on the river, camp, party (there seriously was a keg at almost all the leg stops), and wake up and keep going.

Here are some images on the way....

More...

Comment

More and More! (more to come later)

Comment

Where are all the Bikini Chicks???
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

NICE pics jp!!! Did you have fun?
          KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieMav
            NICE pics jp!!! Did you have fun?
            You were supposed to ask about the Bikini Chicks Char.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Oops! My bad! Hey wait a minute....Why would *I* ask jp about chicks in bikinis, you hoser!!!!!
              KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

Yes, there were some girls in bikinis, but since the entire time we were sailing...we were racing, I couldn't get any decent pics of them (they wouldn't have been worth it anyways)

So, After half the race we ended up in Astoria....and then I had to go to work for a day! But that allowed me to ride back to Astoria from Portland on my Kat!

(For your NWers...aka Tim's the only Oregonian I know on KR ) I took 26 outa P-town, up 47, over to 202 and onto Astoria. Damn, that was a fun/dangerous ride!!!

47 and especially 202 is very twisty with 20 to 30 mph turn warnings the whole way...switchbacks mostly...with some sweepers.

Although I was in full gear, I don't have pants that sport pucks...and man it got dangerous at some points....the combination of some decreasing radial turns that almost made my knees down without pucks and my crappy Dunlop 205's combined for some scary turns

But it was damn fun, and I even road down the coast a little bit on 101 to see Cannon Beach (aka the GOONIES )

The other half of my pictures will be posted soon after the return of my digital camera from my skipper

Comment

Great pics man!!! Looks like a blast!!

Comment

Looks like a great time, boat and bike.
                    Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieMav
                      Oops! My bad! Hey wait a minute....Why would *I* ask jp about chicks in bikinis, you hoser!!!!!
                      Wow, that Moose really did turn you part Canadian! 8)

JP - Nice pics!! Is this the reason why you didn't come to the Gap!?

Looks like a blast!!!

Comment

Updated Pics...

Sorry, on the way there, I only stopped once for gas so I didn't get any good road/riding pics..

Finally at the hotel.. There was apparently a big rally in Canada so there were tons of bike going north on 101, and several were in the same hotel.

So I lost 2 screws on my windshield on the way there....and on the way back while riding behind a big rig...it flung up a rock and knocked my windshield off!! (and it went flying away and I almost lost it )

Comment

Astoria Oregon....from the best view out there! (Racing down wind)

Comment

On an off hour..I rode down through Seaside and Canon Beach (A Goonie says what?!)

Comment

Oregon to Washington

Comment

Working...
                              X