X

Cabot trail trip

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot trail trip

So the Ottawa gang has been planning a Nova Scotia trip for a few years and when the dates changed at the last minute. The trip dates fell directly on the first week of my works 2 week shutdown so I was able to go.

So I loaded the bike up and went off to work, then when the buzzer went I headed off to Ottawa to Haggis house.

taking a break in Vermont along highway 2

enjoying the view in Rumsfield Maine

Damn

Here's our stop in Bangor Maine at Stephen Kings house

The first seat upgrade for the CBR in Truro NS, Carm's *** was on fire lol. $7.99 at Giant Tiger

My 72 year old aunt From Wolfville NS, she couldn't lift her leg over so she sat sidesaddle

Along the Cabot trail

Ingonish NS, about 4 hours up the Cabot trail.

Range taking a break

Farther up the Cabot trail

Homeward Bound
    Carm and Shannon stuck in traffic

Haggi kicking back

Range striking a pose

Saw this little guy on the New Brunswick Quebec border, figured Breeze would like this one.

Our route was Ottawa to Montreal then down to Vermont on Day 1. Then we did Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine on day 2. Day 3 we flew across New Brunswick, the speed limit there is 110km/h and we hauled *** across the entire province doing 140-150 the entire way and we finally arrived in Truro NS, then the next day it was a short ride in the rain down to Shannon's aunts in Windsor NS. I took advantage of the "rain day" to head over and visit my Aunt and cousin I haven't seen since the early 90s.

Then on Wednesday we started for the Cabot trail and finished it on Thursday and started homeward bound. We arrived back in Ottawa Saturday Night and headed our separate ways, Dave and Kathy put me up at their place for 2 nights. Sunday we went to Carm's house for a BBQ put on by Sandra Carm's wife. Monday morning I got up early with Dave and he went off to work and I booted it home.

I haven't added it up but I figure it was just under 5000kms for the trip. Other than burning a litre of oil and my odometer freezing at 99,999kms the kat was well behaved.

Everyone had a blast, no accidents other than bee stings for Kris and Dave. I needed a litre of oil, Dave a chain, Shannon a set of tires, and Carm went through 3 seat upgrades on his CBR.

The only downside to the trip was it was too rushed, 7 days just isn't enough time for a trip like this. We didn't have time to hit Lunenburg and see the bluenose, or Halifax to tour the Alexander Keats brewery. Maybe next year .

The food on the trip was Fantastic, as was the company. I haven't laughed that hard in ages lol. The scenery down there is utterly amazing and the pictures don't do it justice.

Shannon was a real trooper putting up with us four guys. Carm has only had a sportbike for 2 months and he racked up the miles with the rest if us. Other than compaining about his *** all the time that is lol.
    Kyle

Sounds like a hell of a trip! Nice pictures. Stephen King's house is scary! No wonder all the books he writes.

Comment

Thanks for the post Kyle........in the bucket list!
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
        other than bee stings for Kris and Dave.
        Was this on the Cabot Trail? I was stung twice, the second time I pulled over after feeling something moving and found the bee still wandering around inside my shirt.

Love this shot:

Comment

Both times were on the Cabot trail. It was a WTF moment when haggi suddenly signaled, pulled over and started tearing off his gear on the side of the road. He ended up with a wicked sting on his chest.

BTW here's more pics
          Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
          Kyle

Comment

Hey, I saw these pictures on Facebook!

Looked like a fantastic trip.
            1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X