X

wifey kat kleanup(kinda) pic intensive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wifey kat kleanup(kinda) pic intensive

all right heres the deal wife is leaning to ride the kat with the plastics off shes doin pretty good but has mentioned that she doesn't like the paint job that was on the bike and that when shes leagle to ride it and the body work is on she wont ride it in current color scheme(marblized black and predominate blue) and it is pretty rough chipping scratches and such. so i decieded that i would paint it how she wants. so we searched threw some pics of diff stuff and agred on a flat black with pink? thinking majority of it ulta flat black,clear signals.pink speedscreen meshmod pink, wheels powdercoated pink . she also wants some decals of some kind that she has not named and will not disclose to me she said that she will put those on the bike when she gets them. this is the bike nakid as a learing tool

this is the fairing prior to paint

this is after
    shiny side up, at least when I'm not doing a barrel roll

What ever it takes.... My wife was pretty sure she didn't want on a Kat at all... so the baby ninja was acquired.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

great that your wife wants to learn to ride. chicks like what chicks like pink/black sounds good to me as long as she is ridding with ya. i couldnt get my wife to ride the little sport fourwheeler i had. she thinks anything with a clutch is just to scary. i always wanted my lady to be riding with me instead of behind me.

Comment

I think it would look cool. I like the flat-black look, and I think pink would a good way to set it off for a chick. My wife is the same as Camerons....anything with a clutch is the devil.
        02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
        90 GSXR 750/1216
        96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
        87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
        sigpic

Comment

pink and black is currently what i'm doing to my kat =)
          i dig it!
          the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
          # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
          [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

im glad she likes black i can git rid of pink accents if she doesnt stick with the kat. accually the jimg she saw the bike in your sig and started looking at flat colors. she is still working with the clutch but she just needs more experance shes not launching like a drag bike any more but bout one outa 5 starts she'll kill it. i think its partially the clutch lever when in storage it fell against a sofa and broke the clutch lever off just at the bolt. the only lever i had to replace it was a shorty stunter lever so no matter how hard u try you can only get 2 fingers on it i think her hand gets tired and she gives up. in light of that i think im gonna go ahead and order her a stocker from the stealership. more pics to come soon i'll be starting the mesh mod and some pink later today.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanmaples View Post
              im glad she likes black i can git rid of pink accents if she doesnt stick with the kat. accually the jimg she saw the bike in your sig and started looking at flat colors. she is still working with the clutch but she just needs more experance shes not launching like a drag bike any more but bout one outa 5 starts she'll kill it. i think its partially the clutch lever when in storage it fell against a sofa and broke the clutch lever off just at the bolt. the only lever i had to replace it was a shorty stunter lever so no matter how hard u try you can only get 2 fingers on it i think her hand gets tired and she gives up. in light of that i think im gonna go ahead and order her a stocker from the stealership. more pics to come soon i'll be starting the mesh mod and some pink later today.
              The quickest way to frustrate and make new riders dislike riding... is to have them ride something that doesn't work right.

It makes it harder on a new rider, many times they feel it's their fault and that just doesn't make for a good feeling when they "fail" at doing what they intended to do... even at something simple like starting off without killing the bike.

Fix the bike man, and I would make that number 1 priority...

But I'm just speaking from my experiance. Others may vary.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

aight heres a few updated pics seeing the fairings like that makes me think of the old pics of stealth bombers for some reason also will probley chang out to the thicker mesh this stuff is way thin i was looking for more pink contrast than this screen gives

Last edited by jonathanmaples; 07-06-2009, 02:17 PM. Reason: kant spell

Comment

Last edited by jonathanmaples; 07-07-2009, 08:45 PM. Reason: more pics

Comment

That bike is going to be sweet as candy. I can't wait to see the finished product.
                    This is only the beginning.

Comment

newest of fender

and heres a mock up with zip ties i still got the tank to finish so cilllax
                      Last edited by jonathanmaples; 07-08-2009, 10:37 AM. Reason: more pics

Comment

ok guys heres a lil update wife has graduated to practice with the fairings on and i finally got around to getting some of the fasteners for them need to get the light in and the plastics that go above and below it, and the windscreen bolts, also need a new seat lock dono where the heck mine went but it was there and then it was gone. heres the kat after i mounted the plastics and my wife wanting to play at dark with no headlight. i'll try to get the light in tomarrow and get some more after i get off work.
                        Last edited by jonathanmaples; 07-12-2009, 10:30 PM.

Comment

That's really awesome dude! I'm sure she'll have a blast, and nice work on the bike!
                          02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                          90 GSXR 750/1216
                          96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                          87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                          sigpic

Comment

I like the black and pink
                            This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                            BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

okie new update got light in kinda need plastic just above and below it camera phone dono how good it'll work but heres a try

Comment

Working...
                              X