X

2004 Bumblebee Kat Upgrades.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Bumblebee Kat Upgrades.

Well, I finally got around to upgrading the kat and I thought I would share some pictures. Can you spot all the upgrades?

I did the yellow stripe on the wheels the 2nd week I owned the bike.. It just needed some color. Also, the clear alternatives stuff I did. This bike was bone stock.

I would really like to get some of the chrome pieces he has here:

Yosh, corbin (or seatcover), grips, kat kanji.

As for the other yellow bike, I think the little flame on the swing arm and yellow calipers add the most character.
    Last edited by HexKrak; 06-26-2009, 06:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

kanji

Originally posted by HexKrak View Post
      Yosh, corbin (or seatcover), grips, kat kanji.

As for the other yellow bike, I think the little flame on the swing arm and yellow calipers add the most character.
      i'd venture a guess that is not just a kanji, but a katriders kanji decal

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

that's katanapr3's old kat..he just sold it and has quite a few of those parts listed here for sale on the site http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=98819

the swingarm is from a gixxer iirc, and he's sporting a 5.5" wheel with a 180...the chrome covers are listed in that sale thread

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerzr2 View Post
          i'd venture a guess that is not just a kanji, but a katriders kanji decal
          Correct. With reflective lettering Its stealth.

Most of my upgrades were visual. Me being an artist, I guess I put it in the priority list.

Dont forget the gold shield. Next up is possible sprocket change and front forks... just weighing performance to cost.
          Last edited by KrAzE; 06-26-2009, 11:16 PM.

Comment

wow that makes the katana look much better!

I too have a yellow one. Where do I go about changing the blinker?

The katana's largest flaw in my opinion is the huge gold blinker. I have yet to see one that actually looks good on the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by KrAzE View Post
              Correct. With reflective lettering Its stealth.

Most of my upgrades were visual. Me being an artist, I guess I put it in the priority list.

Dont forget the gold shield. Next up is possible sprocket change and front forks... just weighing performance to cost.
              Ah I almost said shield, but I couldnt tell if it was actually changed or just the difference in reflection between the two images.
              Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

i'm not a big chrome person, it's like a women, high maint.

Comment

I can probably make some sliders that look like that. Just the actual slider part, not the bracket. Stainless in that diameter will be a little expensive. Polished aluminum, not bad. PM or email a picture of what you want if you are interested.
                  -2000 "750"

Comment

Where'd you get the Kanji from?
                    1999 Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by Snow View Post
                      wow that makes the katana look much better!

I too have a yellow one. Where do I go about changing the blinker?

The katana's largest flaw in my opinion is the huge gold blinker. I have yet to see one that actually looks good on the bike.
                      I have no idea where you got a Kat with a gold blinker, but if you're talking about the amber front turn signals- Clear Alternatives makes a good aftermarket set.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I got my clear ones from then for the front and I love them!
                        1999 Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by Dfurgi View Post
                          Where'd you get the Kanji from?

Comment

this is an older thread, but where did the seat come from?

Comment

Hey Kraze lol I love the bike, everything down the the yellow rim tape and the yellow caliper.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X