X

My Gap Run and Photoshoot Video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Gap Run and Photoshoot Video

I put this here as well so that everyone could see it and not just in the Rally forum.
    Here is the video of my Dragon run. I did the dragon 4 times on friday. So I took the 2 best runs and used them. One is me going from the Cross Roads of Time(CROT) to the Overlook and then from the Overlook to the CROT after I left Keith and the gang at the overlook. There is one spot on the video of me coming back where I hit my midpipe and you can tell it to. It is right after I go into neutral. That really sucked. Enjoy the videos. As usual please right click and save as.

Removed due to peoples in ability to watch and enjoy.
    www.mopowersports.com

Nice videos, Dragon slayer!
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

cool video - thanks for giving us a look at 'the dragon'. I must say though i'm not overly impressed. sitting in portland i could point in any direction to a road thats every bit of 'the dragon', and a whole bunch more ( as in a lot longer ride ). 11 miles ?

tim

Comment

+1 (riding by saddle mountain this weekend Tim)

Comment

Well the video really does not do it justice. If you mess up on 129 you will get hurt no question about it. You have at least a 40 foot drop on one side and huge rock walls on the other. It is a very technical road. Off camber turns with decreasing radius. You are constantly going back and forth for 318 curves in 11 miles. That is alot of curves no matter where you live. You will have to make it there one day and you will see what everyone is talking about.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
            +1 (riding by saddle mountain this weekend Tim)
            you should come do a sweet ride saturday night with us.

if we do the st. helens run - i'll meet the group in woodland.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by trinc
              cool video - thanks for giving us a look at 'the dragon'. I must say though i'm not overly impressed. sitting in portland i could point in any direction to a road thats every bit of 'the dragon', and a whole bunch more ( as in a lot longer ride ). 11 miles ?

tim
              Tim........always trying to sh*t on ones Parade.
              1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
              2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
              Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by BearKat
                Originally posted by trinc

tim
                Tim........always trying to sh*t on ones Parade.
                i just don't understand why people flock there, not to mention it's in the south and it's july.

and not to mention pt II - why would you go to such a well known spot ?
                i'd rather find the out of the way runs like i posted on my 250 mile run last sunday. a great balance of riding, tight 15-30 mph to sweepers that have you well above any posted sign + a bounce or two off the rev limiter in 6th gear. ( no traffic, probably 10 bikes and 5 cars - out in the back country -- no cops ! )

tim

Comment

tim when can i come over

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
                    tim when can i come over

anytime, just bring beer. uh, never mind - we have great beer too.

tim

Comment

Actually Tim, I'm combining a sailing race and motorcycle ride...I'm riding to Astoria, sail boat races out there for 3 days and I'll ride back.

Where do you get hooked up with these rides? sB.ws?

Comment

Actually Tim, I'm combining a sailing race and motorcycle ride...I'm riding to Astoria, sail boat races out there for 3 days and I'll ride back.

Where do you get hooked up with these rides? sB.ws?
                        yes, sb.ws .

local gatherings, friday night group, sweet ride sat night, doc wong classes etc.

there is a lot of good people there.

tim

Comment

...I'm riding to Astoria,
                          hwy47 to 202 , 202 to astoria is a great ride ( part of 202 is a little rough )

tim

Comment

Working...
                          X