X

Flame-Thrower!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flame-Thrower!!!

I'm getting my 93' katana ready today for a pretty cool mod. A hot links exhaust flame thrower. Here is a picture of the Exstention I will be using to increase the flames.
    Attached Files

and this thing will seriously shoot flames?
    1999 Katana 750

Comment

hmmm?
      sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
      k9 GSX-R 600
      GO VOLS!

Comment

Wow, that looks like ***. You're actually going to go out in public with that thing on? Not my bike I guess...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Alrighty then...Anxious to see the product in action. Night pics otta really do the trick.
          sigpic
          1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

To each their own, but that looks god awful on there, it ruins the look of your bike.
            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I appreciate the honesty. Do you have any ideas that I might be able to use, and jazz it up?

Do you have any recommendations, that I could use to pull it off? Your input is greatly appreciated.
              Last edited by fusionfast; 06-14-2009, 06:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Make it look like a muzzle break on a rifle. That's all I could think of right now....
                02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                90 GSXR 750/1216
                96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                sigpic

Comment

Well I would be worried about burning my valves if the flame gets back that far. Not to mention blowing the can off. My dad used to hook a spark plug up to the exhaust of his 49 Merc..........but there is a big difference between a car and bike.

Set it up to run rich and blip the throttle if you wanna see flames....lol

Comment

IMHO, it would look better without the funnel on the end.
                    Why do you want to shoot flames anyway? Won't that slowly ruin the can (which isn't cheap)?
                    But, if you like it, that is all that really matters, I guess.
                    -
                    -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Ok, are you trying to use the kit that the hot rodders are buying?

I believe they momentarily cut off the vehicle's ignition and while that is happening it triggers the igniter in the tail pipe you have pictured there.

Cool idea!

I wonder about destroying your can though, during the re-ignition process into the bikes system I would guarantee there will still be unburned fuel in the exhaust system which will be ignited by the fresh exhaust and then a backfire. Destroying the packing and possibly your muffler as well. Actually, if your igniter is located in the add-on tail pipe I guess it will ignite the mixture both ways - out the pipe and back to the engine. I think I would be worried about burning the valves as well.

I used to have a 78 chevy truck with a 350, full dual exhaust and chambered bottles with an H-pipe. I would go down the road at night and shut the key off and keep the carb open, then BOOM! Flames out the tail pipes a foot and a half, sounded like a shotgun.

Soon after, I mysteriously developed a cracked cylinder head . I'm not sure if the events were connected, but on a nice Kat like that, I am not sure of the gamble.

Post a video if you get it to work!

J

Comment

Well, I messed with the whole flame thrower concept some more today, and I have the flame thrower setup to function with or without the tip. The tip is used if I want more flames to come out. Otherwise I can take it off and get an afterburner effect, which is pretty cool.

Well, the good news is that the kit that I bought was designed for motorcycles. The kit has a module, the size of a pack of cigs. From my understanding, the module can control the amout of spark that comes out of the plug, which I guess regulates the flame. I basically am just looking for an afterburner effect, not the whole ghostrider theme. LOL
                        Last edited by fusionfast; 06-14-2009, 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

If you want an after burner buy a jet! If you want a Bike that Runs as good as it looks. Do the dial ins and leave the bazooka tube at home. You got a good thing going there dont mess it up with that crap.
                          Joker
                          The newest addition to the Family!
                          sigpic
                          stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

I agree with jokerzwild. Not worth it. Plus, you will never have any riding buddies cause they will get tired of dodging your flames, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by socc924 View Post
                              I agree with jokerzwild. Not worth it. Plus, you will never have any riding buddies cause they will get tired of dodging your flames, haha.
                              lol they will all be fighting to take point! "Nawww I aint followin him!"
                              Joker
                              The newest addition to the Family!
                              sigpic
                              stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Working...
                              X