Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

It's done! It's finally done! My bike that is.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's done! It's finally done! My bike that is.

Well its been a loooong winter. Problem after problem but its finally done... atleast for now. I got the whole bike together around March, took it for a ride around the block and smoke starting billowing out at me. My head gasket was pouring oil, so I tear down the entire bike again to put a head gasket on. Put the bike back together get ready to pull the bike out of the garage and the throttle cable snaps. So I tear down the whol bike again.... and yes I put the fairings back on each time.... dont ask me why. So I wait a week for my throttle cable, get it on and go for a ride. Im stopped at a light and the engine idles at 3k.... set the idle back down to 1.5k and she stays, rev the engine and she goes back to 3k, then 4k, then 5k and keeps going. So I tear the bike down again, clean and play with the carbs for about two weeks. This is around April 15 and Ive missed a few nice days to ride so I say the hell with it and take it to a friends shop to get it tuned right. Best $300 I ever could have spent. He took my bike from a nice Katana to a drag bike in three days. This bike is a screamer, even Chris at Pro Stock Performance said it was one of the better running Kats he had seen.
    So Ive been riding for a about a month and I finally got a new windscreen (mine got broken in the multiple tear downs.) I wanted it to be completely done before I posted pics. Before I got a hole of the bike it was 100% stock, pink and had plenty of road rash. You guys really helped me out around here by just letting me view posts and get opinions, I just want to say thanks to everyone on Katriders.

Let me know what you think.:

Winter Mods:

Dynojet Stage 1 (Junk BTW)
    Rejetted and tuned by Pro Stock Performance in Cleves, OH
    Full Vance and Hines SSR2 Exhuast
    K&N Pod Filters
    Every gasket replaced
    New Paint
    Decals
    Wheel Tape
    Bar end mirrors
    New front and rear signals
    New tinted Windscreen
    New Custom Solo Seat
    New fron and rear Avon Azzaro tires
    Custom GPS Mount with 12v outlet
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

wow man congratulations on a great looking a performing bike! Glad you are able to take advantage of the nice days now!
    Let's go riding!

Comment

Nice looks good. I just picked up mine from the bike shop, It needed the carbs tuned too. Now it rev's right to red light with no problems.
      91 Toyota MR2 (weekend toy/race car)
      92 Toyota Paseo(daily driver 38+MPG)
      89 Suzuki Katana 600 with a 93 engine (new daily driver/weekend toy)
      89 600 clutch and springs for sale, brand new.

Comment

I like it. I disagree with they dynojet kits cause that is what I use and mine rocks. I also use the pod filters although others will tell you, junk. For the record I dont think dynojet is the best but has worked fine for me and yes I know Pod filters are not neccesarly needed on a 600 even factory one says they are good for liter bikes.

I got that same exhaust. Tell me how it works for you. In the first 5 minutes of running the coating started to bubble. Dont thinnk I will ever buy a V&H again

Comment

Vairdy Nice!
          -2000 "750"

Comment

Thats awesome!!!!! love the orange and black hemi moniker. you coming to the ohio meet and greet this weekend? i'd love to see that in person
            Godspeed
            CSBA #1167
            Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by creepinghunter View Post
              I like it. I disagree with they dynojet kits cause that is what I use and mine rocks. I also use the pod filters although others will tell you, junk. For the record I dont think dynojet is the best but has worked fine for me and yes I know Pod filters are not neccesarly needed on a 600 even factory one says they are good for liter bikes.

I got that same exhaust. Tell me how it works for you. In the first 5 minutes of running the coating started to bubble. Dont thinnk I will ever buy a V&H again
              I didnt have any luck with the Dynojet but everyone has thier opinions. Ilike my Pods, and the exhaust. Sounds great. My pipes are polished so Im not sure that there is anything to bubble off.

I really want to come to the meet and greet but I dont want to ride up by myself so Im hoping I can find a buddy to come with. And I think its gonna rain.

Comment

the V&H SSR2 exhaust is nickle plated. AT lesat mine is, I didn't know they made any other?

Comment

Originally posted by creepinghunter View Post
                  the V&H SSR2 exhaust is nickle plated. AT lesat mine is, I didn't know they made any other?
                  Makes sense. I had no idea what it was.

Comment

Looks nice!
                    THE DOC
                    RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                    mistake when you make it again.
                    sigpic

Comment

Nice job! Take good care of her.
                      2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                      BMC Notorious 918 HT
                      2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Working...
                      X