X

painted my wheels! pic heavy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painted my wheels! pic heavy

got tired of the old ugly gold wheels, so i decided to strip them and paint them flat black. i also did the forks and a couple other spots the previous owner half-*** painted gold. i also removed the front fender. too bulky. i'm going to look around and get an idea of what i like, then fab up a new one. pics:

front wheel:

rear wheel:

right side:

left side:

rear wheel on bike:

front wheel on bike:

my new license plate light (had to fab up something so it would pass inspection):

and a quick shot in the dark:

i also put on new pads and new tires. 120/60 up fornt and 160/60 in the rear.

i have to say that i do NOT like the new combo. the bike is way too sluggish leaning in and out of turns for my taste. i'll likely be going with a narrower rear tire soon.

however, next on the list is to clean up that ugly road rash from the last owner.
    Last edited by stockgp; 05-05-2009, 04:29 PM.

if your looking for fender options, look at Bandit front fender. check arsenic's website for details
    Chrome Project Part 1
    http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

just dont ride in the rain with out the front fender cause you wont see a darn thing from the wheele spray.

Comment

black wheels are sweet! The license plate light is freaking bright as crap! LOL!!! Looks good though.
        Godspeed
        CSBA #1167
        Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

i dont know the law over there - but over here that rear light would probably be illegal - too much white showing - white been reverse lights (or direction of travell) and in pitch black could be confusing

looks kewl though and yeah dont ride in the wet lol - i built a flat tracker style kawasaki no front mudguard - was like some one spraying a hose up at me had to ride really slow
          i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

i don't ride int he rain, so no worries there. it's only that way until i figure out what i want the front to look like.

the license plate light is also temporary. i just needed a light to pass west virginia inspection. i'm working on an led brake/tail/license plate light to replace the stock brake light.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbike-r View Post
              i dont know the law over there - but over here that rear light would probably be illegal - too much white showing - white been reverse lights (or direction of travell) and in pitch black could be confusing

looks kewl though and yeah dont ride in the wet lol - i built a flat tracker style kawasaki no front mudguard - was like some one spraying a hose up at me had to ride really slow
              Most US state laws require plate lights to be white light, and indirect (not shining out, but down onto the tag). His tag light may be bright, but it's legal in most states.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I've never had a plate light, and never been pulled for it. I was pulled over once on the Katana at night, and the guy didn't say anything I guess my tail lights have been bright enough to light the plate?
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i've been pulled for no light and for a red plate light. both of those were in a car, so no telling if it applies to bikes in wv.

i do know i had to have a light to pass inspection.

i think the plate has to be visible from like 50 feet

Comment

Murder that ride out flat black looks awesome. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      I've never had a plate light, and never been pulled for it. I was pulled over once on the Katana at night, and the guy didn't say anything I guess my tail lights have been bright enough to light the plate?

License plate lights are stupid anyways, if a cop wants to see your plate then they are going to have to get behind you and hoepuflly they will have thier head lights on.

Bike looks great btw!
                      Originally posted by arsenic
                      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by mreedohio View Post
                        if your looking for fender options, look at Bandit front fender. check arsenic's website for details

link?

Originally posted by sahojnacki View Post
                        Murder that ride out flat black looks awesome. Keep up the good work.

was any of that english?

i haven't decided on the finish, just that it'll still be black when i'm done. i'm leaning toward flat black, but who knows

i do know that i'm going to eliminate the front and rear signals and integrate them into the fairings.
                        Last edited by stockgp; 05-08-2009, 09:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I would like to say that I'm sorry for the non english post. A vehicle or motorcycle that is painted flat black is murdered out. From now on I will refer to my english composition handbook for quality post.

Comment

Looks awesome!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
                            Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

bike looks pretty smooth keep up the good work.
                              1992 katana 600f "working progress"

Comment

Working...
                              X