X

(PICS)Rim striping, Yoshimura Pipe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (PICS)Rim striping, Yoshimura Pipe

It came on a sheet of pre-curved strips. They're super hard to get on in a perfect circle but they still look pretty good, i think.

This is what i did to get the front wheel off the ground. lets see..a very old and heavy guitar amp, my stock exhaust in the Yoshimura box, and 3 old batteries. and a can of Fruit Punch pop on the gas tank

Just about to do the front wheel. Another can of Fruit Punch pop on the tank.

Directly below the 7 in the Yoshimura lable, you can see where the rim tape kinda bends and doesn't follow the circle. lol oops

FINISHED!! Just got my Icon Alliance SSR Speedfreak helmet the other day. Love it! Overall it took about 2 hours for me. Not the greatest job, but it looks cool and its safe. Comments are welcome!

Don't ask why i was up till 4AM editing pics and posting this. I have class in 6 hours, but hopefully its nice so i can ride
    Last edited by mjangus89; 04-27-2009, 04:14 AM.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He was so full of knowlege it's astounding
    Reading the news, my heart was pounding.
    My prayers go out to his family & friends.
    He is the best there was and ever been.
    RIP Marc "Cyberpoet" Glasgow

Looks good...I never found the precurve super hard though. Those are usually pretty easy to put on...at least easier then the tape that isn't precurved....lol

Comment

nice way to get the front wheele off of the ground! I just get my wife to sit on the back to change out the front wheele

Comment

looks good! its nice here in ky today, hopefully you get to ride wherever you are too!

Comment

I used my nephew to get my front wheel off the ground. He eventually asked for my helmet....I wonder where he rode off to in his imagination? I used to love to sit and play on my dad's bike...

I had a little trouble with the pre-curved as well. I was on my third side before I finally got the hang of it.
          This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
          BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

That looks pretty good. I used a ratchet strap from the grab bar to the front wheel of my car, tighten it up, front wheel is up.
            2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
            BMC Notorious 918 HT
            2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

thank god you explained it i thought that was your sound system on the back of your bike and was all wtf?
              voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
              82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
              83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

looks good. I have some wheel tape waiting to go on. I dont have a garage so i have to wait for a nice day....then i'm torn between riding or putting on the tape.....riding always wins.
                Godspeed
                CSBA #1167
                Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Looks good...

I had my wife sit on the back... and half way through she started asking me leading questions about it having some relation to her weight....

No, the bike doesn't make you look fat dear....

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

No, the bike doesn't make you look fat dear....
                    Awesome...I just spit coffee all over my wife's laptop now

Comment

Well i got 4 hours of sleep and its like 45 degrees out. I lose. ha

Comment

looks good very innovative way to get your front wheel up

Comment

haha yeah, i was the only one home at the moment and it took a good 10 mins of thinking to figure out a way to get the front wheel off the ground. So i just started stacking stuff on there till the wheel came up. lol. It was perfectly balanced and when i set my can of pop on the tank, the front wheel came back down. So i finished the can and the wheel came back up. lol, i thought it was pretty interesting.

Comment

quick question, will this wheel/rim tape affect the balance of the wheels in any way? where did you get it from? does any of the ebay ones work? Thanks., im thinking about doing this for more visibility at night

Comment

It won't affect the balance at all, heres where i got them. Very good deal http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REFLE...Q5fAccessories

Comment

Working...
                              X