New Rider and New/Used 2001 Katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rider and New/Used 2001 Katana 600

Hello Everyone!

I'm new here and motorcycling. I got a 2001 Katana 600 with about 19000mi and has about 20000mi now. I also purchased a Shoei Strife, gloves and Fieldsheer leather jacket. Still looking for decent pants and boots. And looking to change the oil soon too. I live in Fairfax, VA and waiting for some good riding weather again.

I'll be perusing this site for FAQ and stuffs. I figure I'd first post here with pictures of my new/used bike:
    Attached Files

Welcome to KR! Ride safe
    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Welcome to KR, nice ride man
      1999 Katana 750

Comment

Welcome to KR
        THE DOC
        RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
        Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
        mistake when you make it again.
        sigpic

Comment

nice bike and welcome!
          2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
          BMC Notorious 918 HT
          2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!

Bike looks good. You are at the right place for info. Just search the threads and most all answers are in there somewhere. May all your rides be safe.

Comment

No grab bar...did you take it off?

Comment

I like your bike

Comment

Welcome to KR! Don't use regular motor oil in your bike when you change it, use motorcycle oil. Read here. Your clutch will thank you.
                  Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                  Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Welcome! Nice bike!

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
                      Welcome to KR! Don't use regular motor oil in your bike when you change it, use motorcycle oil. Read here. Your clutch will thank you.
                      Heh, seems like we discussed that last week with someone else....

Nice bike, at least you didn't get the black, purple and orange color scheme I ended up with :mrgreen
                      Pray Ride Live Love

1994 GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by chuckles View Post
                        Heh, seems like we discussed that last week with someone else....
                        It comes up a few times a week.
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words and information everyone!

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
                          No grab bar...did you take it off?
                          Grab bar? Thank goodness for google. Nope, it didn't come with one. There's other cosmetic "problems" (can't complain for an 8yr old bike) . It has some road rash on the left side of the tank. I'll probably remove all the stickers and replace Katana on the side with white lettering. It's missing the oil cover? Looking at some of the bikes here already, my front amber lights look really awful against the blue. So many things to do!

Comment

Nice Bike and Welcome it never ends once you start with the mods

Comment

Welcome to KR

Originally posted by ran_lan View Post
                              Nice Bike and Welcome it never ends once you start with the mods
                              Trust me I know all about that

Comment

Working...
                              X