X
X

What's up fam check out my Deadly Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets get some more info and pics...if this is your bike.
    sigpic

Comment

ok someone end this allready. i meen d*&$
      sigpic

Comment

Nice

Comment

cost

Originally posted by Bison Brotherz View Post
          It on;y cost $4000 to do tpc did it "triple plate customs"
          wow, now your rear suspension is worth more than the entire bike

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

$4K!! are you shiitting me?!?!

Damn, by the time mine is finally finished, I'll have a 190 and 6 over for under $500 total...and part of me thinks I'm still spending too much on it!

I do know TCC (Thompson Custom Cycle) sells a 240 kit for the kat, but you have to use an 18 inch wheel to get the 8.5" width for the tire....theirs start around $1500 iirc.....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I'll give you my bike and $500 for yours. My bike runs and rides... that's all you need to know.
              02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
              90 GSXR 750/1216
              96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
              87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
              sigpic

Comment

Looks alright, personally i'm not fond of the stretched look, but to each his own. I think you should have spent those 4K on a better bike, or at least get a 1127 motor, paint and maybe a YUT UGH! Sticker but thats just MO.
                Captain of Squad 11

Comment

One ... I would bet to say that is NOT a 240 tire....

Two ... Posting your bike in every forum will not gain you popularity contrary to your belief

Three ... Stretched bikes handle like crap, especially when the tire is wide enough to warrant the removal of the kickstand (bike stays upright on the rear tire)

4 ... When a tire costs 240$ for tire + mount + balance, it does not mean its a 240 tire kit, 240 refers to the width of the tire, not the price.

To each their own, its cool seeing a kat getting pulled into mainstream "mine's longer and lower then yours" (pun intended)
                  Currently Riding:
                  1995 Katana 600
                  V&H Exhaust
                  Jet Kit

SOLD
                  2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
                  1987 XV700 Bobber
                  REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                    Don't you two know how to use the report post button?
                    Sorry , I was VERY drunk , & mad at the world .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

looks good

just wondering however...whats your gear ratio on your final drive? if u dont' know that just what is your tooth count on your sprokets? that one in the rear looks small...just wondering.

Comment

Oh hey I missed all this discussion! Good read. Honestly the first time I have ever seen anyone get flamed on this forum! I'm shocked, I didn't know you guys had it in you! I feel betrayed, like my dog bit me or something.

not.
                        Originally posted by katanawarrior
                        I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

OK, all BS and sarcasm aside, I really need to know how this bike has a 240 tire on the rear without it being jack-shafted, or the tire way offset to the right side of the bike. With all of the measurements I have taken for mine, a 190 is the widest I can go without the chain rubbing the tire and keeping it centered and the chain aligned properly. There isn't ample enough room for an offset front sprocket to make up the difference either, the chain would rub the inside rear of the frame/swingarm pivot.

Could you PLEASE--PM me some more detailed pics of this setup, or post them here. I would greatly appreciate it.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                            OK, all BS and sarcasm aside, I really need to know how this bike has a 240 tire on the rear without it being jack-shafted, or the tire way offset to the right side of the bike. With all of the measurements I have taken for mine, a 190 is the widest I can go without the chain rubbing the tire and keeping it centered and the chain aligned properly. There isn't ample enough room for an offset front sprocket to make up the difference either, the chain would rub the inside rear of the frame/swingarm pivot.

Could you PLEASE--PM me some more detailed pics of this setup, or post them here. I would greatly appreciate it.
                            First, I'm positive that is not a 240 tire.

But....

I have just over 1/2" clearance between tire and chain, and chain and frame on my pre... I don't think the frames are that significatnly different, so I do believe it's relevant to his post 98 bike.

That's 13mm each side of the chain clearance, so... If I offset the chain by 8mm using an offset front sprocket alone, keeping a good 5mm clearance on the frame, puts me with 21mm clearance between tire and chain.

Current tire measures at 177mm wide (180/55 on 5.5" rim) Keeping 5mm clearance, I've got 16mm to go wider.... for a tire actual size (16X2=32mm increase) for around a 210 size. If I toyed with things, I'm betting I could fit a 220, just barely... but I think it would just fit with really tight clearances.

I would need double the clearance I have now for a full 240 (properly mounted on the right rim) for the tire to be centered. Alternative would be to offset the rear tire by around 1/2".

Or mount the 240 on a significantly smaller rim (and what's the point then if the rim is pulling the tire in...) to make it fit, after setting it up for a 220.

Either way... That pic isn't showing a 240.

Widen the entire rear frame at that point and further offset the front sprocket, and you would fit one then I suppose. If I go to the shop tonight as planned, I'll try to get a picture of that area of the frame on a pre to give a general idea of what would be needed.

Krey
                            Last edited by Kreylyn; 04-16-2009, 03:36 PM.
                            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Comment

looks to me as if it were maybe a 170... so far thats all i have gone up in size on my bike...and its extremely close on the katana, no way u put in a 240 unless u had a new swing arm, changed your angle on your gearing for your final drive...ect... tons of work for little performance...if this is true ...and you did do all of that for that size tire...sorry to sound sooo rude...i think it was stupid

Comment

Working...
                                X