X

My Ugly, Dirty Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Ugly, Dirty Kat

Took some of this Kat i just bought apart today. Rear end is comin apart for new chain/sprockets and tires. gas tank and carbs came off today. carbs looked really good!!! Cleaned em and put em back on. drained rear brake fluid for a flresh flush and check for leaks. Clutch cable replacement is in the mail and the old one is off. Filters and Plugs are in the mail and will go in as soon as they get here. Lots more work to do! Ill update as I can. I was happy to find most of the compments still ahd some grease on em My new tires are here today! Ill mount em tomnorrow if I have time.

Last edited by Kapp555; 04-11-2009, 07:18 PM.

Rims clean up reasonably. Need a few touches with the dremel.

Before.

And after polishing.

Comment

NICE! Chop the shovel.
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

What year is it? Taillight says 03+, just wondering what year they put Suzuki on the gas tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post
          What year is it? Taillight says 03+, just wondering what year they put Suzuki on the gas tank.
          Its a 2003, last owner rode it and never cleaned it or maintenanced it. He said it has the original tires on it. 9,000 miles on 1 set of tires? possible I guess look at how bad the front tire is What tires come stock on these? There is dunlops on it now, but I have conti's for em ready to be mounted.

here is the front slick.

Comment

That's not dirty . Not even CLOSE . I'd show you dirty , but I don't feel like getting up and getting the camera .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
              That's not dirty . Not even CLOSE . I'd show you dirty , but I don't feel like getting up and getting the camera .
              I dont like dirty! I bought it this way. I like a nice clean bike. I'll have hours into polishing and cleanign this thing after its running perfectly!

Comment

Like a wise man here once said :
                "I bought it to ride , not show off my polishing skills"

Just playin , dude . Nothin wrong with a clean bike . Just don't lose TOO much riding time because of it .....
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Kapp555 View Post
                  Its a 2003, last owner rode it and never cleaned it or maintenanced it. He said it has the original tires on it. 9,000 miles on 1 set of tires? possible I guess look at how bad the front tire is What tires come stock on these? There is dunlops on it now, but I have conti's for em ready to be mounted.

here is the front slick.
                  Dunlops were the stock tires, and I changed mine at about 9K. They didn't near that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post

my 2000 came with it on the tank.

Comment

I added some rim tape just now. Ive never used this stuff before but since the Kat was such a cheap machine I didnt think it could do much damage. I think the prebent type would be better. but they look ok. New Tires mounted today.

Before

After

Other Side..little crooked

After

Comment

Sounds like quite the project, good luck with it!

Comment

Well missing half the fastners lead me over to bikebolts to order the right stuff. In mean time its starting to look like a real Kat, Fairings are in bad shape.Will need sanded down and worked on. emissions tomorrow and then get the official plate.

Bike pulls very hard, it is really dialed in as far as carbs go and no vacuum leaks.

Couple photos. Lower fairing is off till this weekend when i get right bolts and torque everything down before I put it back together to actually get miles. The miles start tommorrow..prob 300ish for Friday alone.

The entire 8 hour workday was approved by the grease/wax loving supervisor, here he is

Last edited by Kapp555; 04-17-2009, 09:52 AM.

Comment

nice looking bike, but it is in serious need of a buffing and polish, to minimize those scratches =) good work! liked the rims!
                            Suzuki GSX600F 92'

Comment

Originally posted by shibby View Post
                              nice looking bike, but it is in serious need of a buffing and polish, to minimize those scratches =) good work! liked the rims!
                              The scratches are all over and to deep to be buffed out. Its going to take a sand down and repaint to make it look right. I tried a little wax and polish just to see what it would look like and it didnt help. Getting some Goo gone today and then Ill fire up the buffer this weekend and do it properly when its all together with the correct fasteners.

The Previous owner had all the fairing off the bike for more than a year, stored stacked up in his garage closet with everything else on top of them.

Work done so far. Adjust vavlves, clean & synch carbs, change oil, filter, fork oil, clean chain in kerosene and lube, clean sprockets(glad they didnt need replaced). Change both tires, rim tape, Inspect and grease bearings, new clutch cable and adjust, lube cables, bleed brakes and replace fluid. reinstall all plastic and mirrors
                              Last edited by Kapp555; 04-17-2009, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X