X

some katana film action!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some katana film action!

During a ride with a few friends, we decided to start filming near the end. Unfortunately for me, by that point I had:

Nearly boiled my brake fluid(the front brake went to the handle bar on the pass before filming...but I was pushing it a bit harder than usual, and I used dot3/4 junk when I flushed it last).

Somehow broken my rear turn signal and licsence plate holder?(I'm not sure how it happened, but it was snapped cleanly in half. I had to hold it together with JBQuick weld and electrical tape)

and...yeah, that was about it! Other than that it ran great and kept up with my friends Honda 1000 and another guys KTM duke the whole time!(Of course, he filmed the one run where I decided I didn't want to risk flying off of a cliff to keep up with them )

PS- I have no idea where we were, but we were still in ky. After the Duke broke down and we had to push it up a hill to get it started, and getting followed by the police for about TEN MILES, I was more than ready to go home after a great day of riding. Haha, I'll never forget the look on my friends faces as they realized I was right behind them when they stopped to wait for everyone else!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwGrvuDBfkY"]YouTube - Suzuki Katana 600 Followed by a Suzuki Sv650[/ame]
    Last edited by LAsunbird86; 04-08-2009, 07:54 PM. Reason: I have no idea how to insert a movie into a forum.

wow i want to move to kentucky. There were like 4 cars in that whole video.
    Let's go riding!

Comment

sweet
      [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

Veddy nice
        02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
        90 GSXR 750/1216
        96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
        87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
        sigpic

Comment

nice vid! looks like some fun riding.
          sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
          k9 GSX-R 600
          GO VOLS!

Comment

Originally posted by sharpie6 View Post
            wow i want to move to kentucky. There were like 4 cars in that whole video.
            Some of the area's nice , but the PEOPLE suck .
            And after watching a couple minutes of that video , that's one of the more boring roads in Ky . SOmeone should let me borrow their camera for a week or so .....
            Last edited by md86; 04-09-2009, 02:57 AM.
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

^ yeah, MD is right, that road was pretty tame. The road to the ferry in Lexington was closed, but the road right after the one we filmed was ridiculous comparatively. I have no idea what the name of it was, but in all honesty it reminded me of the dragon for about 1 1/2 miles.

Comment

Cool vid!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
                http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
                Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
                  and getting followed by the police for about TEN MILES, I was more than ready to go 0[/url]
                  that right there would have done me in....
                  Other than that I'm sorry I missed it!!!!!!
                  Last edited by chuckles; 04-10-2009, 04:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  Pray Ride Live Love

1994 GSX600F

Comment

We followed a cop for about 10 miles last weekend . We pulled up to the road we were heading for , and while stopped at the stop sign , an SUV drivin cop rolled by . Cop proceeded to tailgate the car in front of him , going over the lines more than a few times . I wondered why he didn't just pass if he was in such a hurry .

Comment

They do that A LOT. Especially if there are more than 2 or 3 riders in a group.

Comment

Sorry dude , but if I'm being tailed by a cop like that , I might decide I need some water , and it's time to stop .

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                          Sorry dude , but if I'm being tailed by a cop like that , I might decide I need some water , and it's time to stop .
                          I have actually tried that one before. He pulled into the gas station with me and just sat there. Oh well, it was a good time for me to check my chain,tire pressure, brakes, etc. anyway.

Comment

Nice vid wish I lives around there.

Comment

Cool vid...but Katriders is the best motorcycle forum on the net...I am sure of it

Comment

Working...
                              X