X

And I've painted my Katana...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I've painted my Katana...

I just finished putting my freshly painted fairings back on my '89 GSX600F.

Here's what it looked like originally:

I found a stock exhaust, painted it with some high heat flat black since it was a bit beat up and bolted it up. At the beginning of winter I tore off all of the fairings and started painting. I didn't dedicate much time to it and it shows, but it turned out as a nice 5-10 footer, which is all I was really going for. I didn't put the mirrors on because 1) it's a pain in the *** because the nuts are broken off and 2) I have a set of bar end mirrors coming later this week.

Here's what it looks like now:

Right after I took these pictures, I slipped rolling the bike back into the garage and dropped it! Lucky for me I just used cheap rattlecan paint, so 30 seconds of sanding the scuffed fairing, another 30 to paint and we're back where we started.

Godspeed
    CSBA #1167
    Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

I think I would have done the lower rear plate (with the three slots) in black too. Give it a checkerboard feel. And blue on the front fender.

Just my 2 cents
      THE DOC
      RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
      Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
      mistake when you make it again.
      sigpic

Comment

I can't help but see this everytime I look at that paint job.
        Someone on another forum I frequent posted this after seeing my bike. I was wholeheartedly amused.

I basically picked one color per fairing piece in order to keep it simple.

Comment

^^^^ haha thats pretty funny
          'Not accidents! Crashes. Almost every crash can be prevented by avoiding distractions while driving.'

Comment

lololol
            [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

i like it!
              sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
              k9 GSX-R 600
              GO VOLS!

Comment

you should totally do that! but not like that... more the angry face they put on those fighter planes.... i forget which ones now, someone probably knows

Comment

Yep, shark teeth for sure.

Comment

ya! thats it

Comment

need more teeth....make it look like the nitro fish--- > www.nitrofish.com

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

awesome work!
                        "The Lord will be awesome to them, for He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; people shall worship Him, each one from his place, indeed all the shores of the nations." - Zeph. 2:11

Comment

Very nice!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
                          Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

Welp, I seem to have melted the front lower brake side fairing. For now I just took the lower fairings off. Should I run like this or go naked?

Comment

sweet kat man

Comment

Working...
                              X