No announcement yet.
X

One of the sickest Dragon videos I've ever seen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He can definitely ride, no question. But reckless, yes.I can't wait to get there, i do not however have the desire, need or skill to ride the Dragon that fast.
    Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
      Ed, that tape isn't sped up at all. Listen to the bike Ed. Have you ever ridden an R6, my buddy has an 06 and the redline is 17,600. The R6s are screamers.

You may find it hard to believe, wait until you get there and see some of the locals run, they're fast. This guy lives down there too
      Sorry paul but your wrong again. The 2006 r6 sported a fictitious 17,500 redline.... the 2007 model fixed this optimistic error and put it back to its actual redline @ 16,500rpm

if you dont believe me heres an article... In 2006, Yamaha advertised that the R6 had a redline of 17,500+ rpm. This is 2000 rpm higher than the previous R6 model and it was the highest tachometer redline of any 2006 production four-stroke motorcycle engine.
      If it was actual engine rpm, it would be near rpm levels known only in Formula One engines, where valve spring stress problems lead to the adoption of pneumatic valve actuation to handle more than 19,000 rpm.[2]
      It was widely reported that the 2006 YZF-R6's motor did not have this engine rpm redline level and was closer to around 16,200 engine rpm, but because of a tachometer error of about 9%, it read 17,500 tachometer rpm. In February 2006, Yamaha admitted the bike's true engine redline was more than 1,000 rpm lower than displayed on the tachometer than advertised,[3] and offered to buy back any R6 if the customer was unhappy.

And as much as you would like me to believe this video is real, I dont and wont. Ive made WAAAAAY too many sped up videos in my day to get fooled by this. sorry bud. The way the camera shakes is a good indicator that its bs. Also look at the cars passing him....
      Last edited by IndyGunner; 04-08-2009, 10:11 AM.

Comment

the film looks real time to me but who am i to argue with a 19 year old expert. either way this kid has incredible skills and it will be a shame to read his obituary when he gets hit by a truck.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

charles bronson on the clutch!

i heard if you going over 35mph thats an automatic suspension. ever hear that ?

Comment

Hard for me to tell if it's sped up a little bit or not, I think it is also. IF it isn't that guy should be riding for Yamaha in AMA or WSB.
            John,
            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChattKat View Post
              ...it will be a shame to read his obituary when he gets hit by a truck.
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                Sorry paul but your wrong again. The 2006 r6 sported a fictitious 17,500 redline.... the 2007 model fixed this optimistic error and put it back to its actual redline @ 16,500rpm

if you dont believe me heres an article... In 2006, Yamaha advertised that the R6 had a redline of 17,500+ rpm. This is 2000 rpm higher than the previous R6 model and it was the highest tachometer redline of any 2006 production four-stroke motorcycle engine.
                If it was actual engine rpm, it would be near rpm levels known only in Formula One engines, where valve spring stress problems lead to the adoption of pneumatic valve actuation to handle more than 19,000 rpm.[2]
                It was widely reported that the 2006 YZF-R6's motor did not have this engine rpm redline level and was closer to around 16,200 engine rpm, but because of a tachometer error of about 9%, it read 17,500 tachometer rpm. In February 2006, Yamaha admitted the bike's true engine redline was more than 1,000 rpm lower than displayed on the tachometer than advertised,[3] and offered to buy back any R6 if the customer was unhappy.

And as much as you would like me to believe this video is real, I dont and wont. Ive made WAAAAAY too many sped up videos in my day to get fooled by this. sorry bud. The way the camera shakes is a good indicator that its bs. Also look at the cars passing him....
                I think video resolution may tend to make some vids looks a bit speed up. I think the clitcher for me is, that the cars approaching don't look sped up....

Comment

Here you go, original post from the rider.

And a nice shot of him at the Gap. One of THE BEST riders up there.

25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

That's like playing Russian Roulet on each corner!
                    2 bikes

'82 GS650G
                    '94 Katana 600

Comment

I still dont believe it.... if it IS true then my video must also be true

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYuCsISOCqE&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Chesnut (Fast Forward)[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                        Here you go, original post from the rider.

And a nice shot of him at the Gap. One of THE BEST riders up there.

He drags an ELBOW!!!??????? Daaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmn.
                        -
                        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Hey Ed you going to the Rally? If yes get up there early Sat. morning 7:30 or so, stop at one of the pull offs and sit back and watch some of the locals ride before the parade of bikes start. Another good time to go is dusk and after dark. Most locals do not ride during the high traffic times. Also ask Ben at the store about "The Awesome" he will know who your talking about, this kid is one of the best up there. Look forward to meeting some of you all in person
                          25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

Wow. Wow. Wow!!!! This cat can RIDE!!!
                            'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
                            ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
                            ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Comment

I'd say it's legit. Look at the crazy lean angles, that bike is damn near on it's side!

Sorry Edbean, your video is obviously sped up.....it don't even compare.

Comment

Originally posted by ViperTom View Post
                                I'd say it's legit. Look at the crazy lean angles, that bike is damn near on it's side!

Sorry Edbean, your video is obviously sped up.....it don't even compare.
                                well DUHHHH it says sped up in the title

Comment

Working...
                                X