X

New Paint finally!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Paint finally!

Here she is. I am in the process of putting it back together. I am not too fond of the redish color, yet. But it is heat sensitive so when the temp reaches 86 degrees f, It changes to the same color as the blue. Here is a video of the color change in action. [ame]http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/uu41/katman96/?action=view&current=100_1576.flv[/ame]
    Attached Files
    Last edited by katman9680; 04-22-2009, 01:12 PM.

Looks good, look forward to more pics.

Comment

hmm, heat sensitive paint huh? That's pretty cool.
      Let's go riding!

Comment

That stuff is like $400/quart, I didn't even think you could DO plastic with it. Nice
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          That stuff is like $400/quart, I didn't even think you could DO plastic with it. Nice

Actually you can get it from http://www.paintwithpearl.com/colorchangestore.htm . You just buy the powder pigment then mix it with a clear base or binder or blender and spray as you would any pearl. It cost me about $80 to make a quart. It sprayed just fine on the plastic, probably because it was sprayed over primer and the blue basecoat. And thanks.

Comment

That sounds pretty cool can't wait to see the video.
            Bill
            1989 Katana 600 Blue on Black
            sigpic

Comment

Nice

Comment

I kinda dig the two tone.

Comment

cool!
                  Godspeed
                  CSBA #1167
                  Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Nice, interested in the color change pics!
                    pveity = 100%

Comment

I was thinking about this [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs7XKwz-y0k"]YouTube - ALSA Eclipse Paint Changes Colors[/ame]
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Ah a Hypercolor bike, pretty cool. Just need to track down some Hypercolor gear to match it.
                        2000 Katana 600
                        2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

I think it looks cool. I was going to do Alsa color shifting paint on my bike but my supplier advised me against it - apparently the Alsa stuff stops working after about a year. Hopefully yours holds out for the long haul. Looks neat even without the color change!
                          Originally posted by katanawarrior
                          I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

Yeah I am not sure how long it will last but If it lasts through this season I will be happy. When it dies out and quits functioning it will be time to try something else. Probably some chameleon flames or something like that.
                            By the way thanks to all who complimented the job.

Comment

Well Today was disappointing!! found a couple leaks in the tank today. Below the visible part of the tank but one is VERY close. Not sure what I am gonna do to try to remedy the situation yet. It leaked overnight and ate the paint off of the belly fairing and a small bit off the left main fairing while on the sidestand.

Any suggestions on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!!!!
                              Last edited by katman9680; 04-09-2009, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X