X

My "minor" exhaust mod...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "minor" exhaust mod...

Well guys, I got bored tonight and decided to mod my kat a little bit. First I pulled the rear wheel and swingarm and am getting them ready for paint. While I was doing that, I got the itch to change my exhaust up a little, and then good ole' dad stepped in with a sick idea, so hear it is.

Shortened the yosh up a bit. All baffles are gone and all insulation removed. Also cut off the tip and made it a flush exit. Heres a little sound clip, audio probably isnt the best, but trust me when I say this thing is LOUD!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFTmSa7JxLI&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Suzuki Katana 600 Exhaust Mod[/ame]

Thanks for looking guys, and Ill post finished pics when the swingarm and what-not are painted and back on and once the can is painted as well.

pretty sweet, hows it sound when cruisin at higher RPM?
    -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

nice!! i did the same thing to my D&D that i had on my kat...i cut like 7 inches off of it. sounds awesome!
      sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
      k9 GSX-R 600
      GO VOLS!

Comment

Originally posted by shadowhunter04 View Post
        pretty sweet, hows it sound when cruisin at higher RPM?
        I have no idea yet. Got the swingarm off now so can't ride at the moment. Plus, we are supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow tomorrow here. Might be a week or so before the first ride...

Comment

Have to let us know how you like it after getting on the road. Visually it looks ok. Might be a little loud for passengers though.
          -2000 "750"

Comment

Update!!

Well guys, I got the Kat all put back together after some paint on the swingarm and rear shock and dog bones. I think I am finally done modding now, but I am still on the hunt for some new levers. Looking to get some Pazzo's, but there a little pricey. Let me know what you guys think...

Comment

Pretty slick

I wish my pre was 1/2 that clean!
              Last edited by HexKrak; 03-31-2009, 06:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Looks great!!!.......now lube that chain
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Wow, that exhaust actually looks really nice, most of the time they look like hack jobs but that looks "right". Kudos.

What kind of paint did you use on the shock linkage? I've been considering the same in yellow.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

its lookin very good!
                    sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                    k9 GSX-R 600
                    GO VOLS!

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      Wow, that exhaust actually looks really nice, most of the time they look like hack jobs but that looks "right". Kudos.

What kind of paint did you use on the shock linkage? I've been considering the same in yellow.

Its Rustoleum Hammered Finish. They dont make it in yellow however. Only comes in Black, Silver, Red and Bronze.

Thanks for the compliments guys! Maybe I can get a KOTM nom. now?

Comment

Originally posted by streebs93 View Post
                        Its Rustoleum Hammered Finish. They dont make it in yellow however. Only comes in Black, Silver, Red and Bronze.
                        Eh crap, I'm just worried that anything I use isn't gonna stick well enough. I can't afford the powdercoat
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Looking VERY good. One of the cleanest looking pre's I've seen.

I used the Rustoleum hammer finished copper on my pre600 streetfighter project.
                          Attached Files

Comment

That looks and sounds great!
                            Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                            MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                            sigpic

Comment

Nice!!!
                              pveity = 100%

Comment

Working...
                              X