No announcement yet.
X

My Latest Work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a call Friday afternoon that the parts were painted. They just want to hold on to them until Monday/Tuesday so that they can cut and polish a little. Sorry for the cell phone picture, but I didn't have a camera with me.

You can't tell from the pictures, but there is a lot of metallic flake in it that jumps out in the sun. It Also gets blue/green highlights in the sun.
    -2000 "750"

Comment

ahhh its soo close I bet you can almost taste it!!! Looking good! your almost there!!! And yes my Painter did the same thing to me. Wound up running about a week over. But Oh so worth it!!!!
      Joker
      The newest addition to the Family!
      sigpic
      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

I like that blue. Probably because it's near-identical to my bike's blue. Looking sharp. Can't wait to see what it looks like when you get it all together.
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Very nice project!
          I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He was so full of knowlege it's astounding
          Reading the news, my heart was pounding.
          My prayers go out to his family & friends.
          He is the best there was and ever been.
          RIP Marc "Cyberpoet" Glasgow

Comment

That's looking mighty fine............
            This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
            BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

This weekend I:

-installed the Hindle (including that almost impossible hanger bracket)
              -turned the rear axle bolt around
              -cleaned the chain
              -made a temp tank out of a gear oil bottle
              -synched the carbs
              -changed the oil
              -changed the spark plugs
              -mounted the windscreen
              -installed the frame slider brackets
              -wired the rear end for the new tailight
              -did some more cleaning
              -other little things not important enough to remember right now

The big focus over the weekend was firing it up and making sure everything was ok in that department since it hadn't turned over since some time in December. The first time I tried hitting the button it fired up, but had trouble revving. After a few minutes I realized that the piece of paper towel I was using to block bee access to the vacuum line on carb #4 was allowing a vacuum leak. I put a clamp on that line and then everything was good. I won't know until this afternoon if the painter will have them back to me today or tomorrow. At least this time he said "monday/tuesday".
              -2000 "750"

Comment

Monday I picked up the fairings and everything looks great. It will be a busy evening/night, but I believe that I might be able to "finish" tonight. Things take time when you are polishing every bolt

Maybe pictures tonight with tomorrow being probable.
                -2000 "750"

Comment

Hell of a project, So close!!!! Cant wait to see.
                  SAV

Head up, eyes open... always!!!
                  Be... and be not afraid.

Comment

It may not seem like as much of a difference to everyone else as it does to me, but it seems like a whole different bike. Last fall it was dark and dingy. The paint was an ailing rattle can job, and I had only washed it twice in the 1.5 years of ownership. I felt that as long as I parked next to another bike, theirs would get stolen before mine. Now I feel like I am going to have to update my insurance to include theft. The amount of dirt I have removed is incredible.
                    -2000 "750"

Comment

Theft coverage in PA is nothin on a Kat. I pay 100 a year for comprehensive coverage.
                      I am a Penn State fanatic.
                      Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                        Theft coverage in PA is nothin on a Kat. I pay 100 a year for comprehensive coverage.

Thanks. A couple times a day I think of how you felt when you walked outside and your bike was missing and it makes me get that stomach on fire/ adrenaline into veins feeling. I haven't kept up, but I hope you aren't getting screwed on the insurance check and can pick up that other SV you had your eye.
                        -2000 "750"

Comment

Insurance is covering me better then I expected. I thought I woudl have a fight on my hands but I am ok with the $$$ they are going to give me. And I am not going to get another SV. I am instead going to getthe Triumph Daytona 675 SE. Actually test drove it last night and put down some money on it.

Comment

Very Nice
                            -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
                              Very Nice
                              Yup.... Now back to your project. This thread is about drooling over your hard work and changes.

MORE PICS

Comment

Before I put up a pic, I need to apologize for the camera. I used the new camera that claims 10MP and the wife loves it because it is green. But I still prefer my old Fujifilm S5000. Anyway, the S5000 needs new batteries (I don't have any AAs) so I took pictures with the other camera. I haven't taken one yet with it that wasn't a little hazy. Oh, and its battery died before I could get more than two pictures (and one of them isn't good enough to put up). Tomorrow after work I will use the "good" camera and take some better pictures - just me. The neighbors will think I am weird with the number of pictures I am going to take tomorrow. Now the big tease picture........................................... .....

Drum roll please.....................

I can't put into words how much better this looks than before. Everything that has been removed has been sanded, painted, sandblasted, or cleaned. Every visible stainless bolt has been sanded and polished. I have tried to hold true to doing everything the right wa - no shortcuts and half-assing. I will write up more later about all that is new or that which has changed. Right now I need to take a shower and go to bed. I've seen 2am the past three nights trying to push for the finish. Thanks for everyone's kind words along the way. It really is inspirational.

Cheers
                                Last edited by Cheriff; 05-20-2009, 11:06 PM.
                                -2000 "750"

Comment

Working...
                                X