No announcement yet.
X

**KatRoid** 6/11 project, update video hd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow... Your Kat is serious INAK, major props given to you family!
    SAV

Head up, eyes open... always!!!
    Be... and be not afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE View Post
      the calipers need to be kinda forced off. then kinda pull them off on an angle. leave the bleeder cap rubber piece on. that is the part that you want angled out first, wiggle a little and it should pop right out. once you do it a few time, it makes taking the rim off and doing brakes a breeze. ive never had to take the brake pads out when pulling calipers off. ill do a little video how-to tonight when i pull my front rim off!

the paint on my rims are oem
      I had to file down raised letters on the wheel spokes, or the little crossover brake fluid tube on the inside of the caliper would hit!

95 front end with a 01 wheel.

Comment

AWESOME build! The big kits really snort when you whack 'em open hey? I almost pooped the first time it lofted in third rolling on at 4-5 grand!

That exhaust must be absolute chaos for everyone and everything around you! SWEET!
        FrankenKat 1216
        GS Fiter 816
        GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Hrmm, I guess I will just work through it. Although taking the brake pads out takes about two extra mins. to do.
          2 bikes

'82 GS650G
          '94 Katana 600

Comment

What a Freakin BEAST...!!!
            Can't wait to hear it on the road.
            2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
            Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
            "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
            Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
            Veteran of the United States Air Force.
            "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

paintaman, im gonna do a how to on removing calipers probably today. i took the pics last night when i did my front end, just got to put some words to it.....

the final paint should be revealed today once i get her back together. i sourced up a new tail so i can get rid of the sharkskinz, that way the wife can ride, now i need to get a solo cowl when she aint on

Comment

ok, got another update once again.....finished painting the forks, front rim, inner rotors, and frame spar. so this is what the bikes pretty much gonna look like beside when ever i get around to paint and bolt on a oem gsxr1k tail.....well that and an oil temp, vac and possibly a innovative wideband (if i feel like drilling and welding my nice exhaust for the o2 bung)

its suppose to look like this, i dusted the blk with the copper about 4feet above the rotor, didnt want too much copper in front and i didnt want a totally black inner rotor, so i met it half way...lol.

if the fairing dont look like they dont line up its because there just held in by one or 2 bolts and not tightend, i wanted to give the frame another wipe down and cleaning before it gets totally wrenched down and on the road.....best believe there will be more videos coming when i make it to the track, and more pics for possibly kotm....if its worthy. i thank every one for the props and for following this build. 14 months in the making, and maybe 2more weeks in fine tuning (dyno)

Comment

that thing is sick!!
                  sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                  k9 GSX-R 600
                  GO VOLS!

Comment

Awesome build man. Just jaw dropping.

I want nitrous on my SV soo bad. Not for the engine though but for a colored purge. HA HA....
                    I am a Penn State fanatic.
                    Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Damn, That is one sweet bike. Make sure you post up the dyno numbers for us.....better yet a video of it on the dyno!

Comment

Wow. I love creativity and unique projects. You really took it a step above the norm with this one.

..and btw, it's worthy of a KOTM.
                        -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
                        sigpic

Comment

That is absolutely bada$$!!Nice work!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
                          Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

i will try and remember to bring my cam when i get it dyno'd. im in the middle of trying to find vinyl that is close to the copper/bronze color on my bike. i thought about doing chrome vinyl, but that will look too much like my 750. i wanted to get a decal made the said katRoid with the "r" in the gsxr style. and then getting a decal for the tail that said gsx600f with the 600 crossed out and 1216 really small

Comment

Originally posted by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE View Post
                              i will try and remember to bring my cam when i get it dyno'd. im in the middle of trying to find vinyl that is close to the copper/bronze color on my bike. i thought about doing chrome vinyl, but that will look too much like my 750. i wanted to get a decal made the said katRoid with the "r" in the gsxr style. and then getting a decal for the tail that said gsx600f with the 600 crossed out and 1216 really small
                              Clear vinyl could be painted any color you want on the inside, including having lettering painted first, then a overcoat to color the rest.

It's a pretty cool effect.

Krey
                              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

that sounds like a lot of F*cking around. how can you paint the back side of a vinyl when theres adhesive on the back......? thans for the idea though

Comment

Working...
                                X