X

New Kentucky Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kentucky Kat

Hello all, I just joined the group a few nights ago, so I'm going to introduce myself. I'm 29 years old, married (no kids... yet ) and I've had my 93' Kat 750 for about 3 years and I love it. It's got a few mods: no rear fender, rear turn signal mod, V&H pipe, K&N airfilter, jet kit, aftermarket seat, smoke windshield, scratch-built chain gaurd, and decals. The paint has been striped off the grab bar, and right now it has a nice brushed look, any tips on polishing it to make it high gloss? Most mods were done by the previous 2 owners and the bike has been cared for very well. I even have all original parts (shield/pipes/injectors etc.) It's been in one minor accident, and I was the reason, after replacing the left side fairing/mirror/turn signal/and the windshield she was back to normal. So far my favorite places to ride have been around the horse farms near Lexington, KY and the smokeys near Gatlinburg TN. The Tail of the Dragon was the most exciting ride I've taken and I look forward to it again next Sept. Sorry about the picture, this is from the day I bought the bike and I was coming from a wedding (or maybe I always wear a tie when I ride ). One other thought, I looked at this site a lot a few weeks ago before I bought some new tires, I ended up going with Metzeler Z6's 160/60 rear and 110/70 front, I based this on many things one of which being my riding style leaning a little more towards touring and slightly less than what most would define as agressive riding. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and learning from the members here.

KyKatowner

P.S. Happy 4th!
    Attached Files
    93' 750, I just washed the bugs off, let's go for a ride!

Lookin good!
    I focus on the pain, The only thing thats real.

Comment

Thanks, I've considered more mods to it visually, but it's in such good condition givin it's 12 years of age that it seems a shame to change the paint/decals anymore than what's been done. KyKatowner

Comment

NIce lookin pre98 dude! I believe thazkat's bike had that original scheme on it too.

We're heading down the gap for a rally in the next couple weeks, so swing on over if u get the chance.

Comment

Welcome to KR. Keep up the good work on the bike. Keep an eye on the Midwest forum for a KY ride or Ohio ride.
          Keith Paton
          Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
          13 GSXR750

Comment

Welcome to KR, good to have another KY rider. Between the Kentuckians and the Canadians, I think we've about got Katriders cornered!
            If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Cornered with ****

Comment

Now this may mess things up, I'm originally from Michigan, I moved down here about 7 years ago. I miss Michigan (mainly the water) a little sometimes but KY has been really good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
                  Cornered with ****
                  ....and snow.

Comment

Welcome to KR. Bike looks great. Glad to see another pre 98. What part of Michigan are you from? I have family from there on my dad side of the family. He is orginally from Rochester, and I have other kin folk up around Grand Rapids, Detroit, and my sisters husband is from Kalamazoo.
                    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by KYKatowner
                      Now this may mess things up, I'm originally from Michigan, I moved down here about 7 years ago. I miss Michigan (mainly the water) a little sometimes but KY has been really good to me.
                      I know what you mean about the water, We have a Cottage off lake Ontario. I was at the lake all weekend.
                      I focus on the pain, The only thing thats real.

Comment

Hi again . Yeah , your bike is pretty much my bike is pretty much Thaz's bike is pretty much Jimmy's bike .... All the same basic thing origionally , but all VERY different-looking now !
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

alright Ky representn' Welcome, and nice kat
                          Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm grew up in Cadillac, when to college in Big Rapids (Ferris State) and I have family in Grand Rapids, and have spent some time in K-Zoo (family there and friends that when to Western Michigan)

Comment

Working...
                            X