Show us your Mesh Mod!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WildKat
    and so inexpensive !
    In case anyone reading this wonders, my whole mod cost me $14, and 3 bucks of that was the extra just 10% of epoxy I needed so I needed to get a whole 2nd tube.. So ya, it's cheap, it's fun (more with a buddy cause holding down the mesh while the epoxy sets gets boring...

And thanks all for the kind words...
    --
    Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Sagan
      holding down the mesh while the epoxy sets gets boring...
      I used work boots and heavy tools (wrenches, etc) to hold mine down. I set it up and watched a ballgame.
      Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

Some pics of the old girl's () mesh...

Home Depot gutter guard...cheap and easy.

Comment

Greg, you're such a showoff. (but your Kat did look sick!)

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
            Greg, you're such a showoff. (but your Kat did look sick!)
            Leave me alone....I'm reminiscing.

Comment

Originally posted by JDS
              Originally posted by Sagan
              holding down the mesh while the epoxy sets gets boring...
              I used work boots and heavy tools (wrenches, etc) to hold mine down. I set it up and watched a ballgame.
              same here, I used some heavy wrenches, and heavy files to hold it in place.

fyi,...if you bend the mesh around the cutouts nice and tight, it tends to stay in place pretty easily.

Comment

This is going to sound dumb but how do you attach all these pics? Mine never work, file size too big. Need help!
                Gripp & Regripp

Comment

Looks good I like the black on the blue.
                  Gripp & Regripp

Comment

I have my own web host ($3 a month at www.webhostingbuzz.com ) so I upload them there an link them here. That is the easyist thing to do, but not everyone wants to pay $36 for it (need to pay 1 year in advance.)

If you want to upload them here, and you have Windows XP, you can get a simple image resizer at the PowerToys Site, then just right-click any image and size it for 800 pixels wide. Then KR should accept it.

Last there are many different hosting sites that allow free or really cheap image hosting... http://www.flickr.com/ is one that many people use, but you just need to be careful and find one that will allows external linking. Many of them only allow images to be viewed directly from their own site that shows Ads to make up some money, that is why you see lots of little red X's around..
                    --
                    Sagan

Comment

Thanx I'll try it
                      Gripp & Regripp

Comment

Mesh for fairings

Can anyone hook me up with the place y'all go to buy the mesh?

Thanks,
                        Jarhead767
                        Not as lean, not as mean but still a Marine!

Comment

^ You can see pics of my mesh mod here. I used a roll of hardware cloth from Loew's. It can be found in the gardening section, at least at my Loew's. It was near the chicken wire. Any hardware store should have something comparable. Just find the look that you like the most.

Comment

Working...
                          X