• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 600
    Attached Files

Comment

• one more black kat
      Attached Files
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Where did you get the cowl that eliminates passenger seat an bar?

Comment

• a member here sells them on ebay. http://m.ebay.com/itm/261393424815?nav=SEARCH
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

• sweet. That adds a very sleek finish.
            Rode: 198X Italian moped,1978 Honda CB750, 1988 Kow 600 Ninja,1985 CB250, 1998 600 Kat, 2001 Chineese 250 POS
            Ride: 2002 750F Kat
            "I like my beats fast and my BASS DOWN LOW"

Comment

• Only pics I currently have so its a double post from my member introduction.
              1988 Katana 600 with 12,000 miles.

Comment

• I wouldn't molest that, jet kit, exhaust and suspension upgrade then ride the hell out of it. Clean bike
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

• 96 Katana 600 48K Miles
                  96katana.jpg
                  You know your a KatRider when you sell a nearly new perfectly running low miles bike... and buy a 13 year old non running Katana.

Comment

• heres my 89

photo 2.jpg

Comment

• These are some beautiful bikes. I actually think i like the pre kats more than the posts. I definitely think they look more sporty, which IMO is a good thing. Nice bikes!

Comment

• My black '88 GSX1100F. Plasi dipped
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Even though I own a post Kat, there is a whole another story for that, I always liked the prekats. I remember when I was 15 or 16 a 1990 or 91 Kat 750 or 1100 crested a top of a hill by us teenagers on our freestyle bikes pulling the front wheel. The sound and dual exhaust, my mind was set, that was the bike I wanted. Time went on, college, marriage, and family. Now that is in order, (after my wife pics out a bike for herself), a prekat is on my list. To me, they were more sport than touring. The post Kats are more touring imo.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Here's about as "pre" as you can get:

GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

• Originally posted by Otis View Post
                              Even though I own a post Kat, there is a whole another story for that, I always liked the prekats. I remember when I was 15 or 16 a 1990 or 91 Kat 750 or 1100 crested a top of a hill by us teenagers on our freestyle bikes pulling the front wheel. The sound and dual exhaust, my mind was set, that was the bike I wanted. Time went on, college, marriage, and family. Now that is in order, (after my wife pics out a bike for herself), a prekat is on my list. To me, they were more sport than touring. The post Kats are more touring imo.
                              Finished high school in '86 and I remember when the Kat name came back. It seemed at the time they intended it to go against the Yamaha FZR, Ninja 600 and the Honda Hurricane 600. After only a couple years they stopped trying to keep up. Intro the GSXR 600 to do that job. It is great that they did not just drop the line. As most here would agree, the pre and post Kats are fantastic low budget bikes that we end up loving. Now the early 80's Katanas, let's just say the Original gets looked at as a cool vintage bike. Though the original seems docile by todays standards, it was a beast.

Comment

• Mine! (watch my build thread as it progresses!)

Comment

Working...
                                X