Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pic of my junker is in my profile.....
    Just ride.....

Comment

Junker my A! That thing looks in pristine shape buddy!

Start your modding (especially in the fender chop)

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
        Junker my A! That thing looks in pristine shape buddy!

Start your modding (especially in the fender chop)
        it is in nearly showroom condition...i bought it at 11 years old, with only 3300 miles....the only thing not factory on this bike are the tires(they were when i bought it) and the oil and filter...i actually plan to keep it that way...i like the bike "as is"...

EDIT: i'm a liar...hehe....the left mirror and turn signal are newly replaced...bike was knocked over in the driveway....don't ask...heh
        Just ride.....

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
          Waltari, is it still the gsxr 1100 beating in there, or something else? Sweet work man, can't wait to see that headlight setup glow!

BTW, what shock are you using?
          I sold off my 1100 motor to fund a different project. I'm actually building a oil cooled gsxr 7/11 with lots of goodies (SSSA, 2002 gsxr1000 forks, Marchesini 5 spoke wheels, and plenty more to come). Currently running a 92 gsxr750 rear shock

Comment

Originally posted by BlakKat
            pic of my junker is in my profile.....
            Junker...yeah....

Looks more like a great example of an original Kat to me. Something that is getting harder and harder to find. As much as I like customizing I must say that I like bone stock, clean perfect examples of what rolled off the line. There is a nostalgia(sp) about it.
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
              [ Junker...yeah....

Looks more like a great example of an original Kat to me. Something that is getting harder and harder to find. As much as I like customizing I must say that I like bone stock, clean perfect examples of what rolled off the line. There is a nostalgia(sp) about it.
              it is well preserved....it has a few light scratches and a few not as light scratches where i knocked it over sitting in the driveway(still kicking myself....i went to walk by it and had a brainfart(apparently) and walked *into* the bike, pushing it off the sidestand...<sigh>) but overall it is nearly new...the fellow i bought it from, bought it brand new off the showroom floor in early 93...i bought it late feb of 2004...he had only clocked 3349.x miles on it....and a big chunk of that was two trips from Va, to Mrytle beach SC.....the rest of the time it spent sitting under cover in his garage....i can't even start to tell you how *clean* this bike was....i took all the plastic off to "clean" it well.... stripped em off, then put em back..even the engine had no dust on it....a nice find indeed...
              Just ride.....

Comment

: good job to all great topic, and great examples of old bike being brought back to life!!!!

Comment

I have recently undertaken the task of a complete makeover on this bike. I didnt really want to because I think it is a great looking sample of how great an 88 can look if well maintained. Unfortunately I had a bit of a mishap while the bike was loaded on the back of a truck that resulted in a pretty nasty crack in the fairing. after a couple of years the crack was starting to get way to big and needed some attention. Ill post some pics when the makeover is complete.[/img]
                  Attached Files

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Here's my old kitty.

it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Comment

Comment

Waltari

Are you planning on installing the lower cowling?? To get that wrap around complete look??

Buc
                          it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Originally posted by BucKatana
                            Waltari

Are you planning on installing the lower cowling?? To get that wrap around complete look??

Buc
                            Not sure yet...the set of lowers I had was pretty thrashed and I had been doing some extra repairs to them during the painting of everything else when I struck a deal with a former KP member in the bay area for a set of lowers in pristine condition (go figure, I had actually just gone to buy a good title gsxr frame and tank from him )

Anyway, I'm going to scuff/prime/paint them to match soon and see how it looks. I actually still have a set of large black stealthly suzuki logos that I would split between the upper and lowers if it looks good. Should get time at the end of this weekend or possible next.

Comment

Originally posted by BucKatana
                              Here's my old kitty.
                              Hey Buck, I was wondering... there's something wrong in your profile?
                              That's not a 2001... That's a nice & clean Pre98!
                              D&K

Comment

here's mine

Hey everyone! Here's mine:

Still a work in progress, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X