Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polished swingarm pics

here a pic or two of my polish job on my swing arm. tell me what you think
    Attached Files
    a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)
    so i lied and gave up my girl.

do mine and my rims while you're at it
    Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Damn. That is shiney!!!!
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

how'd u polish it?
        Hello World.

Comment

Originally posted by irenekat
          how'd u polish it?
          after getting the paint off i started with 250 grit worked my way up like polishing other metals went to 1000 grit and could see cloudy reflection and then 1500 grit wow i can see the dirt under my finger nails and then i used a dremel polishing kit to get the mirror reflection. lot of elbow grease when i did the first side (without the kit) 2nd side came pretty easily. next im gonna clear coat it so it dont look like shite later.
          a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)

Comment

thanks for compliments guys and good luck.

Comment

U dont need a mirror in ur house now

NIce job, how many hours did it take you ?

Comment

Good job!!
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

that looks sweet! but i've always heard you can't polish the swingarm because its steel and will rust very easily. will clear coating it take care of that problem?
                  -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

^clear coating will protect it somewhat from the elements but it'll make the swingarm lose a lot of the shine. i clear coated all the chrome parts on my bug but the chrome wasnt as shiney afterward
                    Hello World.

Comment

put it on the bike! 8)
                      West of Germany
                      greetz Carsten

Comment

Impressive that steel came out like that!
                        Ron
                        MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Now that is purty!! When will it be on the bike? LOL
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

i dont know when ill get to put it on hopefully pretty soon but i dont know exactly im using some alsa corporation clear, supposed ta be really good for polished metals dont know well see.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                              U dont need a mirror in ur house now

NIce job, how many hours did it take you ?
                              after i got the dremel polishing kit didnt take near as much time
                              as for how long dont really know i did alittle at a time so i wouldnt get discouraged. when i got the polishing kit i did the right side in like +- 3hrs from 250 grit to mirror

OH AND IF ANY SHALL TRY THIS DO NOT USE CHEAP CLEAR COATS
                              i used rustoleum and it sucked s but tried my friends alsa corp clear (i think thats the name most of the label was gone and hes a dumb s lol) buffed with a rubbing compound on it and looks pretty good lost some shine but still see reflection.

Comment

Working...
                              X