X

R1! Its not for the street anymore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1! Its not for the street anymore

Thats amazing. I remember reading about his journey in a post a while ago but i never knew there was a movie.

I bet the first thing he does when he finishes is book an appointment with a chiropractor

Comment

That's simply amazing.

Comment

That is sooooooo wild. Pretty amazing on its own let alone on an R1.
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Huh , that beats this months Cycle World story about the guy who does Africa on an Aprilia ...
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

When you say long distance, sand, hard luggage, touring, dirt roads, etc... R1 is not the first bike I would reccomend.

There's a guy doing same on a ST1100.
            I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              Huh , that beats this months Cycle World story about the guy who does Africa on an Aprilia ...
              +1

Comment

That is amazing! Now if that bike goes up on eBay I'm not bidding on it. lol
                Josh

'97 TL1000S, '91 GSF400 Bandit

Comment

Here is his site http://www.sjaaklucassen.nl/
                  He is still on his trip. According to the site he was in LA last.

Comment

That is truly awesome !!!! I'd love to try something like that if I was rich and retired. Major props to him
                    Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                    Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Get Triumph and others to sponser you.
                      He is in L.A. right now, and going to Arizona, then up to Alaska. He's been doing this for 4 years.
                      Check out the rest of his site, pretty cool.

Comment

Malloc and I ran into him at BikeWeek and we talked for a while about his bike, his mods, etc. He was selling post cards to try to raise additional money... I donated cash on the spot to support him. Nice guy, very good language skills (English, German, Dutch, etc)...

Interesting notes from the encounter:
                        He was riding Metzeler Z6's, having started on Z4's when his journeys began and having switched over when they production changed. Metzeler gives him tires free now...
                        Yamaha offered him a new ride for free multiple times, including from Yamaha USA at Bike Week. He passed on their offers and is still riding the original bike. He says he figures he should be able to get at least another 80 to 120k kilometers out of it.
                        He has three additional fuel reservior tanks which don't hold all the much extra fuel; there isn't a trick to the upper two -- you disconnect them from the rear and pour them into the standard gas tank.
                        The boy is skinny... and I do mean skinny-mini skinny. I asked about it and he said that it's frequent for him to go without food, especially in remote areas. He also laughed and said that you should never drink the local drinks in East-Central africa if the natives offer you any (often poisioned or tranquilized).

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

absolutly cool!!! 8) 8) 8)
                          West of Germany
                          greetz Carsten

Comment

awesome!!!
                            Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

That must have been fun meeting him Cyber
                              I think the part of him purging the mud out of the engine is the best!

Comment

Working...
                              X