X

Slim and Junior Invade Canadian Parliament! **LOTS O PICS**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slim and Junior Invade Canadian Parliament! **LOTS O PICS**

I've ALWAYS wanted to take my bike onto the lawn of our Canadian government and do doughnuts in the grass and wheelie up the front steps. Turns out that would get me arrested so I opted for something even cooler.

I mentioned one day to Slim that I wished I could get my bike onto the steps of Parliament so I could take a pic... but since 9/11, security has been SUPER tight and you need special permission in triplicate from the governor of this and the prime minister of that... blah blah blah.
    Next thing I know Slim has pulled some strings (since she works on Parliament Hill), called in a few favors and made arrangements to get our bikes past security and on the very steps of Canadian government!!
    I was utterly in shock when she told me we had been cleared to take our bikes onto the hallowed earth of Canadian government. I, being a mere commoner, was quite honored to achieve this priviledge!

Keeping this a "secret" mission was the hardest of all. I suck at keeping secrets.

All I have to say to this is.... SLIM, YOU ROCK!!

A wide angle of The Hill. This is where our brilliant government leaders work. Ok, brilliant may be a tad generous.

The D6 is ready for the next G7. Can't we all just get along?

Slim's purple monster. 8)

This is the East Block of Parliament.

This is the West Block of Parliament. Slim works on the 2nd floor!!

Here's Slim sitting with Canada's Centennial Flame. I know, doesn't really look like much of a flame but it's really only visible when it's dark.

The plaque for the Flame... incase you can't make it out..

"This flame was lighted by Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson on the eve of New Years Day 1967, to mark the first 100 years of Confederation.
    The coats-of-arms of the provinces and territories encircle the flame.
    Flowers of the provinces and territories and the dates they joined the Confederation are carved on the coping of the fountain."

A rare shot of me INFRONT of the camera. I stay behind the camera for a reason ya know.

All hail Slim! Princess of Canada.

Ok, I'll throw in another D6 pic for good measure. Yes, shameless gloating.. I know. Sue me.

We took a little tour back in behind the Hill to get a shot of the mighty Ottawa River.... this is the best I could get. Doesn't look overly mighty at this angle... I'll try to find a better location next time.

Heeeeeeeeeeere kitty kitty kitty....

Slim - thanks again for pulling all the strings to make this happen!!! I so appreciate it!

You are the BEST!!!!

P.S. - Do you think you could get me on the list to receive an Order of Canada too?????

I am sooo un-impressed Junior! I want to see that sucker up those steps in front of the door!

Beautiful pictures, even for Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by AHF
      I am sooo un-impressed Junior! I want to see that sucker up those steps in front of the door!
      I was JUST about to make a run up the steps and an RCMP officer (Canada's equivalent to the CIA) pulled up to check Slim's ID and to see what the hell we were doing. Since he had 2 weapons in his car and I wasn't packin' on the D6... I decided to let that idea go.

Comment

I'm a little concerned about the kitty ears Slim ??
        You don't wear those when you're teaching I hope

Actually pretty decent pics Junior, they are made even better since Range isn't in any of them
        Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
        Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by JACKAL
          :

Actually pretty decent pics Junior, they are made even better since Range isn't in any of them
          yes...I noticed that too

Comment

Originally posted by Range
            :

yes...I noticed that too
            I knew you'd be disappointed... that's why I didn't mention anything. The pass was only for "employee + 1 guest"

I'll take you to Dairy Queen to make up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
              :

yes...I noticed that too
              I knew you'd be disappointed... that's why I didn't mention anything. The pass was only for "employee + 1 guest"

I'll take a peanut buster parfait !!!!
              Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
              Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                :

yes...I noticed that too

its ok...I'll be fine...I have badbilly and her recent winnings to comfort me

Comment

Sweet pics Junior! And nice helmet Slim! :P

If we tried that on Capitol Hill, you'd see a dead motorcyclist sniped down.

(So Slim has special Canadian powers edit:ay?....hmmmmmmmm)

Comment

Special Canadian powers AND a cute helmet with kitty-cat ears and a cute
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

AWESOME Architecture!! Nothing better, looks like you guys had a great ride.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

slim, you work in goverment +1 your good looking +10000000000000 but you have ears on your helmet...WHY? lol

Comment

looks great!!!the bike in front of the very old buildings!! 8) 8)
                          West of Germany
                          greetz Carsten

Comment

Great pics Junior

And you gotta love the ears on the helmet Slim 8) . Looks like you guys had a blast.

Which reminds me I need to go down to the park in St Kitts and take some pics for Range so he can photoshop himself in .
                            Kyle

Comment

wow, that is one sweet building
                              Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Working...
                              X