X

My work in progress....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My work in progress....

Person who had it before me lost almost all the fairing screws and grommets, had an oil leak which turned out to be the washer and oil seal going into the clutch, no windscreen, and only one mirror. Hey, not bad for $1300 right?? It ran but it's dissassembled getting redone. Especially the swingarm... OuCh, he threw a chain too. lol.... [/img]
    Attached Files

Looks like someone will have there hands full for a few weeks!
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Oh yeah.... it's gonna be fun. Taking the swingarm off today to have it blasted. Just gonna have it powder coated like a gun metal color.... Hey, I did all the disassembly in one day... I can't wait for the 5 days it'll take me to reassemble lol... With it taken apart it gives me time to do some body work on it. Especially get rid of that ugly ass rear fender and those big ass mirrors.

Comment

Damn , I bought mine for $1500 , and it ran okay as long as I changed the plugs every weekend . Minor scratches and minor missing parts , but Jeez ..... I'd say you got jipped .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

oh no, it was all together and running and fresh paint. Just needed a little freshening up and the oil leak fixed. He put F1 exhaust, new rear tire, K&N filters, and had the carbs dipped all before giving me it. I just had to fix the oil leak and the swingarm was bugging me.

Comment

Oh , well THAT'S a better deal then ! I was thinking you got a "mechanic's special" for almost the same price I got MINE for !
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

once i get a bigger garage i am thinking project bike.. and project car... !?!?!?!
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
                once i get a bigger garage i am thinking project bike.. and project car... !?!?!?!
                Z, your only allowed to have 1 at a time. That is the rules. Unless you have a prospect like Corey and I, then you can have more than one project going.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Nope, no mechanics special. I'll have it back together as soon as my parts get here and I get the swingarm done. Then I can post pics of it together. lol... Hey, who likes my bike lift? Nice eh? I'm thinking of patenting it... call it the "No Money but creative super duper bike might fall over but I'm too broke to afford a real bike lift"..... Hmm....

Comment

Nice project, while you are at it, loose the shovel/rear fender. They are fugly IMHO.
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Oh yeah man, that's a defenite. I'm gonna make a bracket for the license plate and put a turn signal integrator on. That was a defenite to lose when I first saw it.

Comment

Working...
                      X