X

Pics of my old Kat,as promised.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ne-oublie
    What does that meen I can't take all the credit or blame for this project,i bought it with most of the work done, in box's but still had to be sorted Colors are different, but i think they work.

Sorry, don't take it personally. I'm definitelyinto customizing bikes but the original kat designed by Hans Muth has been and always will be one of my favorite bikes. In my opinion, it's hard to improve on the original lines of the bike that more or less defined what a "sportbike" was. I never really liked when people tried to change the bodywork on the old kats...in my opinion, ditch the tail and go back to the original. But if you like it, thats all that matters...I've been looking for an 81-83 for a while, face it, I'm just jealous.

Here is one of my favorite "custom" old skool kats, complete new suspension, gsxr motor, off off electrics and lots of other lit performance bits. The 1135 Yoshimura Kat is probably the best of all times

Comment

No offence taken,the tail came in the box's, so i used it as it was already painted.The seat needs work, as it was cut to short,i also need to raise the front some how,i could make a offset top tree,but not sure if thats the right thing to do
      Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

You could un-invite me Cory,but then you would have no beer .

Comment

Don't say such harsh things, both the Beer and you are Welcome to come!!!
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Well if you are bringing beer you are more than welcome.
            PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
            The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Those Yosh 1135's are no damn joke, son!!!

Anyhow, those wheels are BLUE... I like the conversion to the SSS, but I agree with Walt the tail is better stock.

But, I too am jealous. That will be a nice ride for a long time.

If the front is too low, it is probably b/c the gix shocks are too short - might need to do some measuring. You could end up with a very twitchy bike.
              I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Just to show how little i know about these bikes,what are Yosh 1135's.What does a twitchy bike meen,the tail stays,unless i can find a seat, have the original tail and light,thanks for the comments,i will maybe someday change it.Any sugestions on how to correct the height?

Comment

Working...
                X