Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Who did you side for? Rossi or Gibernau (Video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who did you side for? Rossi or Gibernau (Video)

So who did you feel was the 'true' winner of the GP race?

Discuss

Watch to the end...

Edit: Scroll down for one more video (sweet camera angles!!)
    Rossi
    0%
    Gibernau
    0%

When rossi put his foot down, right in the last turn, Gibernau tried to cut back over and they just simply ran into each other...but man rossi, darn near lost it a few times on the last couple laps..you could see the front wheel kick out a couple times. Wow..what a great race!!

Comment

No question....Rossi won it.
      Now did Rossi close the door on Gibernau?
      Yes.....No, he didn't drive him off the track.
      Strategy wins many a race....

Awesome run by Gibernau though! Did he almost kick Rossi's @zz? UHUH!
      Get on it and Ride!

Comment

Rossi won that race with hard riding. Gibernau I don't think knew Rossi was there. You can see that when he starts into the corner. Rossi does the dirtbike move and takes the win.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by SV Brat
          No question....Rossi won it.
          Now did Rossi close the door on Gibernau?
          Yes.....No, he didn't drive him off the track.
          Strategy wins many a race....

Awesome run by Gibernau though! Did he almost kick Rossi's @zz? UHUH!
          What she said.....

Comment

I just had to watch that race again !!...even crunchie had to watch it a few times, and she never watches races on TV !

Comment

Other VERY cool views of it...

Linky

Comment

When you watch part II, at first I said hey!
                But, after watching it a few times, I'll stick with the first response...
                Rossi's left foot is going down, he's bracing for a crash.....and slowing down in the corner does what?

'zactly...

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Wilson
                  Rossi's left foot is going down, he's bracing for a crash.....and slowing down in the corner does what?

'zactly...
                  His foot came off the peg the lap before that when he first Passed Gibernau. I don't think it has any thing to do with bracing for a crash. Man what a race though! I will go with Rossi on this one...so a little bit of Biaggi is rubbing off on Rossi....
                  1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                  2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                  Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by BearKat
                    ...so a little bit of Biaggi is rubbing off on Rossi....
                    HAHA I like that one..

Keep it going guys, good stuff.

I personally think Rossi legitamately won the race, but very cheaply...it was accidental was how I saw it, he probably normallly would have stayed tight on a turn like that especially with a rider on the outside, but his front was unsteady, and thus the foot down. Gibernau does have legit reasons to be pissed though as he was carving a apexial turn, while Rossi wasn't.

edit: I guess in the long run it won't really matter, cause the Doctor kicks ass

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
                      Originally posted by BearKat
                      ...so a little bit of Biaggi is rubbing off on Rossi....
                      HAHA I like that one..
                      I though someone would...I think it is a marketing tool to promote the new Star Wars Movie......Young Valentino Skywalker....being temped by the darkside.....
                      1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                      2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                      Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

It's a fact of life that such tight battles are par for the course on GP races (and many other bike races). It's not the first time Rossi has physically fought for the position, but all's fair in love and racing. The two of them have done this previously, and previously it cost Gibernau a wreck -- at the same track... I also think that if Rossi hadn't put his foot down and brake off a bit of speed going into that turn, he would have wiped both himself and Gibernau out very badly.

If you want a real eye-opener, watch the bike-cam really closely through a couple of the turns (about 2:20 on the video) -- notice all the tire shreddings on the inside apex of the turn? It's amazing that either of them can get sufficient traction in such a situation... and not unexpected that lines shift unexpectedly.

PS - great footage!

Just my two cents
                        Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

very good videos!like that!
                          rossi is the winner!he was inside!gibernau would do the same!it was a hard fight, but the better one wins! 8)
                          West of Germany
                          greetz Carsten

Comment

Poop. I hadn't seen it yet. Now I know.

My current ride of choice

Comment

Granted Rossi won the race, but I disagree on how he won the race. He came in way to hot and rode Sete all the way to the edge. I know racing is racing but to deliberately cut someones line like that is unprofessional. He knew he was beat and was going to do anything to win, even pushing someone out of his way. That was not Sete's fault he had his line and Rossi just rammed in there and shoved Sete to the gravel. Thats my view and will totally change how I look at rossi!! Dirty
                              Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X