X

Bike hits pedestrian - Flint, MI

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike hits pedestrian - Flint, MI

this may be a re-post, but I thought this was worth posting.
    watch out for people. ALWAYS look at least 12 seconds ahead.

Off duty officer strikes woman while riding motorcycle. Pedestrian was intoxicated and wandered into path of the motorcycle. Threats to motorcycle safety can...
    2000 ZX-12R, Power Commander, Quick Shifter, -1 & +2. SO DAMN FAST
    2001 Mazda Protege (MAZDASPEED Conversion w/Callaway turbo, TurboXS BOV and Boost Controller, InJen CAI, Vibrant Header, WORK SuperWheels)

any other person they would hang the motorcycle rider out to dry, but anyways. I never htought of that before. that is my biggest fear is hitting someone in the car, and i guess bike now.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

WOW.

You know, this hits home with me.
      I work at a large college ( 20,000 students) and commute to work on the bike as much as I can. But In the cage or on the bike, I notice that these future "smarties" are simply DUMB as FU** in street smarts. They cross the road with a cellphone on the upside of a one way street and just step right out into the road. So first they are destracted by the conversation, and second they have the cellphone on the side of their head that blocks their view of the oncoming cars/bikes. And these are college students, I cant imagine a drunk.

Anyways carry on!
      Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Pays to be alert to our surroundings.
        What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

I had a moron on a bike pull out in front of me at 50mph last week. He is riding with his wife on the side of road, in my lane. There was three cars ahead of me that passed by them. I was following 2 seconds behind the cars ahead of me. Right after the cars passed him, he pulls right across my lane, to cross to the other side of the street. I have to slam on my brakes. He didn't even look to see if anyone else was coming and he didn't hear my bike, I guess. Thank god the wife didn't follow him across because I would of probably hit her. She was following behind him and was even closer to me. He looks back to his wife and then the guy sees me.

I drive by looking at him like, WTF? You were almost hit. He flips me the bird. I couldn't believe that. I just shook my head in amazement. Like I did something wrong? LOL
          If I was travelling any closer to those cars, he would probably be dead right now. Thank god is wife is smarter than he is.

So I ordered a new Scorpion slip on exhaust last week. Hopefully it helps prevent some stuff like this from happening. That stock exhaust was just too quiet.
          Last edited by Zepp; 10-20-2007, 07:15 PM.
          2007 Honda CBR600rr
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
          sigpic

Comment

The second time he's hit and killed someone! wtf? Wow!
            2007 GSXR 600 BLACK
            Traded in the 02 KAT 600 and sold the 02 KX250..
            2003 KX 125 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Chin View Post
              The second time he's hit and killed someone! wtf? Wow!
              Never heard of someone doing that twice. Guy must not pay much attention.
              "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting," Holy sh*t!!! What a ride!!!"

Comment

pitbull what university do you work at? i go to a large university in ky with 20,000 or so students...
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by blkpitbull View Post
                  WOW.

You know, this hits home with me.
                  I work at a large college ( 20,000 students) and commute to work on the bike as much as I can. But In the cage or on the bike, I notice that these future "smarties" are simply DUMB as FU** in street smarts. They cross the road with a cellphone on the upside of a one way street and just step right out into the road. So first they are destracted by the conversation, and second they have the cellphone on the side of their head that blocks their view of the oncoming cars/bikes. And these are college students, I cant imagine a drunk.
                  arnt college students drunks anyway.... ???

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
                    I had a moron on a bike pull out in front of me at 50mph last week. He is riding with his wife on the side of road, in my lane. There was three cars ahead of me that passed by them. I was following 2 seconds behind the cars ahead of me. Right after the cars passed him, he pulls right across my lane, to cross to the other side of the street. I have to slam on my brakes. He didn't even look to see if anyone else was coming and he didn't hear my bike, I guess. Thank god the wife didn't follow him across because I would of probably hit her. She was following behind him and was even closer to me. He looks back to his wife and then the guy sees me.

I drive by looking at him like, WTF? You were almost hit. He flips me the bird. I couldn't believe that. I just shook my head in amazement. Like I did something wrong? LOL
                    If I was travelling any closer to those cars, he would probably be dead right now. Thank god is wife is smarter than he is.

So I ordered a new Scorpion slip on exhaust last week. Hopefully it helps prevent some stuff like this from happening. That stock exhaust was just too quiet.
                    Because stupid people don't REALIZE they're stupid . They think THEY'RE the smart ones , and it's everyone ELSE with the problem .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Yep, a cop hits and kills TWO peds, and he gets off BOTH times.

No doubt about it, we put up with too much bad behavior from those guys. Yes, there are good cops, and bad cops. But turning our heads on this sort of thing can either turn a good cop bad, or keep a bad cop on the force.
                      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO REACT?

Tonight I was on the last legs of a 80 mile journey when some young woman decided to walk across the road in front of me. I was doing 35mph it was dusk and she did not even look in my direction. Only after I sounded the air horn I had fitted a while back did she take a double step back onto the sidewalk with very BIG eyes. By this time I had already passed her in a round about way. Any faster or not paying enough attention and I think the write up would have been something different.

In built up areas keep to fingers on the brake leaver at all times and a thumb hovering over the horn button!

Tokalosh

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                          pitbull what university do you work at? i go to a large university in ky with 20,000 or so students...

Western Kentucky University. AKA................. Construction capitol of Kentucky!!!!

You go there????? I know ive seen a few kats on campus!!
                          Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

well i guess when you wear a badge the rule of "pedestrians always have the right of way" dont mean anything and I dont know about you but I have never seen a cop do the speed limit,,,,,,,,and if this were me hiting the drunk women I would probaly be hung out to dry.

Comment

yup

thats where i was born and raised for 13 years. i could see cops hitting the public that freakin city is nuts forreal.
                              I like my bike like I love my girls BLACK...

Comment

Working...
                              X