Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Char Up North, EH!! PICAPALOOZA!!! (56k...wait it out)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Char Up North, EH!! PICAPALOOZA!!! (56k...wait it out)

So after 3 YEARS of broken promises and heartache Char FINALLY made it up north to visit with us!!

Naturally, the FIRST thing she had to do while in Canada was to catch up and old friend.
    Her and Moose go WAAAAAAAAAAAAY back.

Haggi excused himself from the table and this gave Freckles and I a chance to make out while he was gone.

Unfortunately, we were not aware that he had gone outside for a smoke. He spotted us thru the window and went BESERK.
    BUSTED!!!

I bought him a few more vodka coolers to smoooooooth over the “situation”. After cooler #4 , he had forgotten the whole incident.

Stubby just closed his eyes and imagined he was somewhere else.

Char had a long day traveling and by 1am she’d pretty much cleaned out the Moosehead reserves at the pub, so we made plans for the next day and called it a night.
    We woke up to rain on Saturday morning so the gang headed out for a late breakfast and checked out the local bike shops in order to stay dry. The skies cleared in the early afternoon so we decided to cross the Ontario/Quebec border and went up into the Gatineau’s. We wound our way through the parkway and ended up at Champlain Lookout for some pics. (ok, HUNDREDS of pics )

Char at the lookout, reflecting on what it’ll take to become a dual citizen.

See Freddy…you don’t need flames on your bike in order to get the women.

But apparently if you dye your hair blonde they go absolutely bonkers!?!

There was a break in the crowd so we lined up the bikes for a decent group shot.

Everyone stood around and gabbed while I took picture after picture of the bikes in various positions. I know they LOVE it when I take hours worth of pictures. SHUT UP…you do so.

Whicket and Stubby

Range and Char

Haggi was trying to convince Char that he’s actually 5’10”. She looks almost convinced.
    (notice Freckles edging closer to me to sneak in another smooch )

CHEEEEEEEEEZ!

I’ve been wanting to get some individual shots of the bikes since all we seem to have are group shots, so….

Char’s black Kat

Whicket’s RR

Haggi’s 750

Oh YA baby….GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Stubby’s 636 and Whicket’s RR having some alone time…

The Trumpets

Freckles’ Alstare

Stubby got a little “friendly” while at the lookout. (in his defense..it WAS a little nipply up there)

But, “someone” called the cops and Stubby was charged for “Indecent and Lewd Acts While in Public”

Char tried to explain the situation but was also detained for “Interfering with an Officer”
    (you REALLY should not have told the guy that you were American )

After bailing everyone out of jail, we took Char over to Parliament Hill. This is Canada’s equivalent to the American Whitehouse. The gang gathered around the Centennial Flame, which burns 24/7 to symbolize Canada’s unity. Every day, visitors throw coins into the fountain. An Act passed by Parliament in 1991 ensures that those coins go to fund research by and about Canadians with disabilities.

Haggi was distracted…AGAIN. We didn’t even get caught this time!

Range had to be careful not to get too close to the flame. He’d used quite a bit of hairspray that day.

GROUP SHOT!!
    back – Stubby, Range, Haggi
    front – Freckles, Char, Whicket, Junior
    (thanks for the @ss grab…whoever you were )

I asked Whicket how Stubby performed last night after leaving the pub.
    I’ve never seen her laugh that hard before.

Char taking in the sights around Parliament Hill

Loitering around the Great Canadian Campfire.

We then took Char downtown to get an infamous Beavertail. Basically, deep fry some pastry and cover it with cinnamon and sugar. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm SUGAR RUSH!

Freckles gave me some tongue.

From here everyone headed back to their homes to change for supper. Whicket and Stubby took the backroads home while the rest of us jumped on the highway for a quick jaunt across town. Turn out there was an accident somewhere so traffic was backed up forever. Two minutes onto the highway Haggi decides to jump off his bike and start running for the shoulder. WTF Haggi?!
    Turns out the rectifier died and killed all power to the bike. Luckily we were close to an on-ramp, so we waited for a break in traffic and proceeded the wrong way down the ramp.

After 20mins of fiddling with the bike we finally got her started and everyone made it home without further issue. We all then met up at the local restaurant for some grub. Unfortunately this is where my pics end for the weekend since I became rather ill (no beer involved) and headed home early with Whicket and Stubby. I know Badbilly was taking pics so I hope she can fill in some of the blanks?

Char, it was awesome to finally get you north of the border! Hope you had a good time. Next time, try to plan for a couple extra days so we can really give you the FULL tour of Ottawa.

Perhaps an Ottawa KR Rally 2008??

wow, lots of pics. looks like fun was had by all.
    "It is not how these officers died that made them heroes.... It's how they lived"

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

You do know that our president lives in the White House, right?

Congress meets in the Capitol... so I would think the Parliment building is more akin to our Capitol...
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves
        You do know that our president lives in the White House, right?
        I thought your president lived here..

Comment

Was an awesome weekend and had lots of great laughs, was a shame to see Char leave on the sunday but she did promise to come back so we accepted that and let her leave.

YOU BETTER COME BACK THOUGH!!!!!!
          Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Did any of you missed us
            Guylaine
            Try and keep up now

Comment

Awesome pictures as usually Sean. Totally bummed we missed the big Char trip....there's always the next one right?

Comment

FRICK...the pics of the Trumpets....2 hours worth of waxing payed off!

It was over wayyyyy to quick.

Next time bring friends and stay longer...there is sooooo much more to see!

Comment

After bailing everyone out of jail, we took Char over to Parliament Hill. This is Canada’s equivalent to the American Whitehouse.
                  Emphasis mine...
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

As always great pics
                    Kyle

Comment

Since I don't ride I wasn't around for much of the photos but it was still a pleasure to meet you Char!
                      I only have a few pics from Saturday night. Everyone seemed tired from their long day (of Junior taking pics no doubt)

Char and Junior

Range and Char

Haggi and Char

Char and Tom

My daughters Jamie and Samantha showed up (sitting with Range, Whicket and Stbl)

"The kiddy table" - Jamie Haggi and Sam

Freckles had a slight problem with her meal

I think Haggisman ate an Gnome!
                      Bet it all on red!

Comment

Hahahahahaha... those were too funny...

Anyone from Cali going to CAN? Maybe we should plan some kind of "Invasion II"?
                        GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

Um , you forgot the little furry mascot thing . Guess it'll be holed-up in Canadia for the winter .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Hey Char! It was a pleasure to meet you. We had an excellent weekend - next time, feel free to just stay with us - our room rates are much lower then a hotel.. lol

sigpic
                            Safe Riding All - Whicket

Comment

Very nice pics, glad you all had a great time. Char glad you made it safe both ways!

KCCO!!!
                              Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I was sitting there eating and thought...OMG I could be eating one of the slow learners!"

Comment

Working...
                              X