Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Close call in our "Jueves Santo" annual ride.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close call in our "Jueves Santo" annual ride.

This year we have a sunny Jueves Santo, so we decided ride to Ronda (about 500 km ride). This time come with us two dudes that only rides one time before with us. The Gixxer 600 and the yellow R6 ones:

Both of them was rookies, but have ride in dirt a few years (the gixxer bud is a great dirt rider). The R6 rider told us that he wanted to upgrade to a newer 1000.
    A report of one of my rides without a "beast" pic isnt a report!:

Well, we started the corner section 52 km from the coast to the mountain. I feel nice, so go fast and faster. then, my bud Javi (CBR1000RR) pass me like I was riding a bicycle... and I decided to relax a bit. After that, my friend Roberto (R1) pass me too and then I decided to wait to the others guys. I was riding really slow a few kms, but cant see them, so, I decided go ahead to cacht the others and go back... I did it and in a few minutes the two gixxers dudes come, but the R6 rider didnt.
    So, then we ask to a few bikers that come behind us and they didnt saw any wrecked bike, but however we decided go back.
    And we found this!:

He was obviously too hot in that corner and focussed the outside of the road... Bud was ok, but we cant see the bike!!
    She landed a few meters in a close green area!:

Needed four guys to got back the bike...
    And she was in great shape! Only a few scrapes and the pipe bent:

He was a lucky boy, no damage and no hurt, and then I asked him what would happen if he rides a 1000 instead of a 600...

At leats he was enough honest and recognized that maybe a few years in the R6 would be better before try a 1000.
    PICSSSS!!!!

Great pics as always.

Well I'm glad that at least only his ego was hurt. Lucky for him it wasn't a lot worse. Maybe he'll slow down and get some experiece before he goes charging into corners again. Good thing there was no guardrail.
    Kyle

Comment

Wow, well, I agree, I am glad he was mature enough to admitt he wasn't ready for a 1000. And now he will have a bit more respect for the R6.
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

great pics, glad he is ok and can't believe the bike came out without any real problems.

www.vwvortex.com
        I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
        Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

the yellow looks nice.....never seen those over here.

Thanks for the lesson Paolo

Comment

Great story and pics Bro, I sure hope he did learn his leason!!
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

ego's can usually be repaired fairly easily but thank goodness it wasnt worse!!

Great pics..looks like a good time for the most part!!

Comment

He got lucky with that spill. Maybe now he will realise he is not ready for the 1000!
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                  the yellow looks nice.....never seen those over here.

Thanks for the lesson Paolo
                  Itīs a 5000 units worldwide limited edition. Itīs very rare, but I know two buds that owns one!

At least, he is always wearing all his gear!
                  PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

The more I look at the yellow and black R6, I think I am falling in love.....
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
                      This year they have the Yamaha R46 Limited Edition, looks nice too...

PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by masrapido
                        Originally posted by Katgirl
                        This year they have the Yamaha R46 Limited Edition, looks nice too...

that is one BAD ASS MACHINE!!!!!
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                        X