X

New levers, bar ends, grips, and painted triple-tree cover

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New levers, bar ends, grips, and painted triple-tree cover

So, after figuring out my brake lever was bent from the previous owner, I decided to change them out. Along with that came everything else. I was sort of possesed and decided to go for an all new look. Sanding sucked, but I don't have any more nasty scratches from the key. I don't have any "before" pics, as it was completely stock. The pictures are dark, because there's a storm going through, and the garage lights aren't helping very much. That combined that my wife has my good camera, I had to use this old junky one. But, you get the idea.

The bike is dirty, so excuse the dirt

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Triple tree looks good!

Long Live the D

Comment

I like the carbon! Yup, the tree looks smooth as well as the grips.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Looks good. Ive been looking at changing mine to carbon or black. Havent decided yet. (Gray Kat) Doesn't someone make a carbon triple tree or cover? Thought I saw one somewhere.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AKA AllyKat
          Looks good. Ive been looking at changing mine to carbon or black. Havent decided yet. (Gray Kat) Doesn't someone make a carbon triple tree or cover? Thought I saw one somewhere.
          Yup, I have one. Fybre lyte in the UK makes them, the gauge cover and the gas cap cover.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by AKA AllyKat
            Doesn't someone make a carbon triple tree or cover? Thought I saw one somewhere.
            I looked for one, but I couldnt' find one for a Pre 98. I'm sure they do for the 98+.

Thanks Guys. The pictures really don't do it justice. I'm happy with it.

Comment

Nice tree! How did you paint that? Is it a cover? Or did you paint the triple tree itself?
              It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Sara
                Nice tree! How did you paint that? Is it a cover? Or did you paint the triple tree itself?
                I removed the bars and the tree, painstakingly sanded it down, and then spray painted it very lightly about 20 times so there wouldn't be any runs I am generally not very good at spray painting because I get too impatient and just blast whatever I'm painting till it runs. I also painted the bars themselves (just the exposed areas), the brake pivot, the clutch pivot, and all the bolts. I then masked off the ignition switch the triple pivot, the fork tubes and all the underneath stuff, and painted around the ignition. That part was very scratched up. I think the previous owner had razor blades on his key chain. I couldn't find a cover for it, that's why I painted it.

I would, however, recommend loosening the four bolts that hold on the upper tree before removing the bars. Don't ask, it wasn't pretty. I ended up putting the bars back on for leverage.

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier View Post
                  Yup, I have one. Fybre lyte in the UK makes them, the gauge cover and the gas cap cover.
                  I just emailed them for prices on the kit for my '01 Kat 750.

Comment

Triple tree looks good!

Comment

Working...
                    X