Porsche V A R1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche V A R1

hmmm i guess http://www.rsportscars.com/Acentral/video/c4vsr1.wmv
    http://www.putfile.com/omegajireh AKA ONYOUR6 ......If you think education is expensive, wait till you see the price of ignorance!

Thats a bunch of bunk!
    2000 Kat 600
    "Fast Blue"
    Pic in Profile

Comment

:bsflag:
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Say it ain't so!

Comment

More like a load of crap.

Comment

WRONG.. no way that porche would beat that R1 on that home stretch.. Blah Blah Blah!!!

Comment

Well...... I guess I'd be taking it a bit easy in the turns too if I had to share it with a 2500+ lb beast, that if he loses it it going to squash you like a tomato. No way that R1 loses the final straight. Set-up for the cameras.
              sigpic

Comment

Car might have won that one, But the bike still looks better!!!!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Well, that's nice, but clearly the rider was taking it easy in spots...and there was some BS camera re-takes for good looks, so you can't really tell where.

Cars are definitely faster due to having lots of rubber, but THAT one is way slower that these recent lap times at that same track on two year old machines:

Thruxton Practice Times:
                  1: Shane Byrne (Ducati) 1:16.239
                  2: Steve Hislop (Yamaha) +0.687
                  3: Glen Richards (Kawasaki) +0.721
                  4: Gary Mason (Yamaha) +0.992
                  5: Sean Emmett (Ducati) +1.015
                  6: Michael Rutter (Ducati) +1.158
                  7: Steve Plater (Honda) +1.454
                  8: John Crawford (Ducati) +1.542
                  9: Mark Heckles (Honda) +1.709
                  10: YUKIO KAGAYAMA (RIZLA SUZUKI) +1.711
                  11: JOHN REYNOLDS (RIZLA SUZUKI) +1.750

National Superstock Championship: Reigning Champion David Jefferies topped the practice times for the Superstock Championship today on his Suzuki GSX-R1000. Friday Practice Times: 1: David Jefferies (Suzuki) 1:19.320, 2: Matt Llewellyn (Suzuki) +1.473, 3: Steve Allan (Kawasaki) +1.512.
                  Dave Jefferies time is well over 20 SECONDS faster than what the bike and car ran in that video.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

just goes to show that you cant believe everything you see
                    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I'd be scared __less with a car passing me in a turn....

Motorcyclist did the best one of these I have seen a few years back with a Z06 Vette and a Gix 1K.

The Gix crushed the Vette in every aspect. They ran telemetry on both and did it on lap times, not a simulatneous run.
                      I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
                        Well...... I guess I'd be taking it a bit easy in the turns too if I had to share it with a 2500+ lb beast, that if he loses it it going to squash you like a tomato. No way that R1 loses the final straight. Set-up for the cameras.
                        +1

Comment

Working...
                        X