X

OFFICIAL BLACK KATANA THREAD!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new pipe

I put the rs-3 on and it rocks. I noticed the mpg went down a bit but its worth the sound. No longet sound or look like a noob. Still trying to get the front wheel off the ground. trying not to cluch the dam thing. dont want to dump it. I wounder if it will pull the front tire off the ground with just the throttle? Anyways sounds good and looks good just not as fast as I thought it would be.
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hange on" Franklin D. Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ssmiller1968 View Post
      I put the rs-3 on and it rocks. I noticed the mpg went down a bit but its worth the sound. No longet sound or look like a noob. Still trying to get the front wheel off the ground. trying not to cluch the dam thing. dont want to dump it. I wounder if it will pull the front tire off the ground with just the throttle? Anyways sounds good and looks good just not as fast as I thought it would be.
      You better get a different bike if your wanting to do power ups. Not much you can do on the Katana without clutching it first. Too much weight and not enough torque.
      It's not a RR bike anyway. It's a sport tour bike. I decided to go with a GSXR-750 and have never wanted more power since.
      Representing the Pre's! Updated my Garage so have a look!

Comment

• The po painted the pipe at the bottom with the wrong paint. thats why it's flaking off.

Oh, I put in my vote for Orange LEDs for the black bikes. Ever seen an orange bike with black accents or a black with orange accents.

Honda CBR Rep Sol - Nuff said
        Last edited by chrisgreer23; 10-07-2010, 09:12 PM.
        I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
        -Unholy m-
        Current project: Un-Katchable
        sigpic

Comment

• Kids on the black Kat

Comment

• ctrailfreak you hit the nail on he head already looking for a 07 gsx-r 750. This kat does ride well and would be the one to take on a long ride. It's fun but no longer scarey fun. thought though that i could tighten up the suspension and get a little better response
            "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hange on" Franklin D. Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rowdy View Post
              figured this would be a good place to ask.

do any of you have lights on your black kats?
              looking to do mine up but cant decide which color to go with.
              purple, white, blue, maby red?
              any pics of the black kitty kats lit up?
              I am going with Yellow LEDs for my Black N Gold Kat.
              2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
              Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
              "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
              Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
              Veteran of the United States Air Force.
              "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

• i have an rs 3 thinking about swaping it for something else, any ideas somethign with good sound, i read that r3 kills your mpg im useing the bike to get to work 40 miles+ each way so i need to think about mpgs now.

Comment

• My bike gets great mpg's and its got a yoshi.

It really comes down to how enthusiastic you are with that right hand.

Comment

• lookkkks greaaaaaaaaaaaat
                    Work hard Play Hard

Comment

• Here is my flat black Kat

Comment

• Ok here I go...
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

• not the prettiest, but still my baby. I call it "stealth fighter" black lets me fly under the radar
                          Attached Files
                          "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

Comment

• Might as well put a couple of pics of mine up too, it's not as modded as some of the other guys but i'm getting there. It's a work in progress, a little mod here and a little mod there (when I have the time). Hope you likes.

P.S. Sorry about the size of the pics as they are the only ones I have to hand.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Here's my baby.. *BLACK baby!

Let me know what you think!
                              R.I.P
                              "Always Loved Never Forgotten"

[02 cbr 600rr]
                              [03 Katana600]

Comment

• Looking good, you got to do something about those amber turn signals.

Loving the screen, tell me more please.

Tok

Comment

Working...
                                X