No announcement yet.
X

Duplicolor Paint Job

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gas will eat paint if its still fresh you have to be really careful for first 3 months you have new paint

Comment

Originally posted by starspan
      If you are looking for a clearcoat to stand up to gasoline on the tank. I would suggest going to your local paint shop. Alot of the paint shop's now can mix you up a couple of rattle can's of auto clearcoat for pretty short money. My local paint shop does it for around 12.00 a can. That includes the cost of the can, labor to fill it, and, the cost of the clearcoat. Just a warning if the paint shop doesn't have any open clear to mix up. You will have to buy atleast a half pint. (Hence a little more money per can) Good Luck.
      As for you not having the shine that you wanted out of the can. Did you seal the primer before you painted it? If so, did you wipe the parts down with Prep-Sol, or, a equivalent before painting them? Just wondering what you did for prep work. Prep work it so vital to getting the results you want.
      the one thing I do know is that the (rattle) can thay make up for you are batter then over the counter stuff "but" it still dose not have hardener in it so it will not stand up to gass or oil for long.

Comment

Working...
      X