X

My Drag Racing Video...... Enjoy!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Drag Racing Video...... Enjoy!

For any non-believers..... here I am racing my last katana. It was a 1990 750. It had a full V&H SS exhaust, -1 tooth on the front sprocket, lowering strap in front, stock air filter cut out, and amazingly lean jetting (112.5's all across). 2 of the videos are just 2 versions of the same one, but one has better sound, but it's harder to see the ET board, so I posted them both.
    The other one, if you look close, you can see the back tire spin, and step out to the right. I got scared and backed off, and it cost me that round, and put me out of eliminations.
    So here they are......

Oh, and you'll have to excuse the quality. Because I don't have access to a video capture setup, these videos are taken on my digital camera, of the video playing from my buddy's camcorder onto his TV. Ghetto, eh?

Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

I'm sure you all can tell, but I'm in the far lane during my 11.36 run.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

awesome man. you had a great launch (or the other guy had a really poor one).

Long Live the D

Comment

UH nice run, you got a great jump.
        Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, my launches really weren't that good, but 80% of the people racing bikes down there were just terrible (like 2.0-2.2 60' times bad)

Comment

what were the riding gear requirements to race?

Long Live the D

Comment

I think a leather jacket is required, I'm not positive, though. Helmet, gloves, boots that go above the ankle, and jeans or riding pants.

A lot of people show up without gloves, and leave pissed because they can't race.

Comment

Not to highJACK but at our raceway (Beech Bend Park) any jacket will do, and a helmet and long pants. I dont believe you have to have gloves here but maybe the techs missed them!

Continue!!
                Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

yeah, they're pretty strict here....... if you don't have gloves, the guy that directs you into your lane will stop you, and tell you you can't race.

the techs are pretty strict, too. I had a cut in my tire from hitting something doing a burnout. Not a big cut, mind you. Maybe 3-4 inches long, not deep enough to see threads. 1/8 wide or so. I was not allowed to run. I couldn't believe it. Better safe than sorry, I guess.

Comment

Nice run, I can't wait to get my bike to Norwalk sometime next summer. I have raced a few of my old cars there in the past, you can't ask for a nicer facility. I just can't seem to avoid a major sunburn whenever I go there...

Maybe we can hook up there sometime next summer...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

man that is nice dude... i go to the races here in san diego at qualcom stadium aka charger stadium.. and it looks about the same.. but neva see a katana... only mine... and its on the side watching...lol but nice stuff dude..
                      1990 GSXR 750 Slingshot(sold)
                      1992 GSXF Katana 750(sold 2014)
                      1994 GSXF Katana 600 (gave away)
                      2007 Suzuki Boulevard C-90 (sold)
                      2003 GSX 1300R Hayabusa (purchased 2013)

I MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST DUDE YOUVE SEEN ON A 750 KAT.....

Comment

Originally posted by teddy
                        Nice run, I can't wait to get my bike to Norwalk sometime next summer. I have raced a few of my old cars there in the past, you can't ask for a nicer facility. I just can't seem to avoid a major sunburn whenever I go there...

Maybe we can hook up there sometime next summer...
                        Absolutely. I raced on Wednesdays usually. The weekends were generally big events. I should be there pretty often this summer.

I think you'll find that you don't catch any "kan-o-tuna" crap down there. Probably because most of the SS riders down there have been whooped by a katana at some point! Drag racing vs Bench racing I guess.

Comment

Nice job! I think I am going to have to try that some time. If I do half as good as you did I would be happy!

Comment

Good race
                            Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Working...
                            X