X

Yellow Means STOP, NOT GO...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Means STOP, NOT GO...

Viper had a bad day...I had justed picked my wife up for lunch. We were driving down the road. When I got to the stop line at the intersection (the white painted line) I looked up and saw the light was changing to yellow. I am just about to cross into the intersection. Then I see it. A red Grand Marquis pulls in front of me. WHAMMO...my airbags go off, my wife screams, I say to myself "this is gonna hurt", it did. Fortunately I walked away, my wife was transported via ambulance to the ER ( only a messed up foot, she's ok) by coincidently her cousin who is a EMT... The lady that pulled in front of me was ok. Glad for that, it could of been worse. The small gray car was very minor.

Heres what happened. The road I was on is a two lane road with a left turn lane. The opposite traffic has the same. Well there was a big ol moving truck in the turn lane on my side. I could not see the lady in her turn lane as I approached, she didn't see me either. When the light turned yellow she thought there was no other traffic coming and boy was she wrong. I T-Boned her at about 45 mph. I will definately get another Hyundai Sante Fe for my wife...That thing is a tank... Bottom line is she was at fault, got cited, but now I am out a vehicle.
    Yellow does not mean accelerate to get through the intersection, it means Caution stupid the light is about to change to red. Look it up in a law book, its actually illegal in Florida to enter an intersection on a yellow light, but never gets enforced. Anyway that was my day. There are some pics at the bottom. Drive safe everyone...

"It is not how these officers died that made them heroes.... It's how they lived"

On a side note, airbag dust sucks,,it tastes like a$$. Never thought those would feel like that, it actually knocked me silly for about 3-4 minutes.
    "It is not how these officers died that made them heroes.... It's how they lived"

Comment

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDamn you tattooed that poor car. Man you hit hard. Speechless!

Glad everyones OK!!!
      Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry that you had to get into that. Car accidents aren't fun either.

One thing to think of, though, is that she was already in the intersection when the light went yellow. In Illinois, if you're turning and in the intersection, you have right of way by default (yes, the light wasn't red...). Here's my question, though. If she didn't see you when the light went yellow, doesn't that mean you weren't in the intersection either?
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

Glad you are both alive. Dang that red car got jacked up!
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Glad your ok, and the wife will heal. that looks painfull.
            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Glad to hear you're ok Viper. I also drive a Santa Fe and it's nice to see it help up well.
              There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Comment

ok let me clarify the story. hard to do without a diagram, but here goes...

I am southbound, there is a moving truck about 35-40 feet long stopped at the light. the light is still green as i get to the stopbar (white line). I look up and it turns yellow.. I look back down and she enters. She admitted to the police that she was sitting on a solid green light, (the turn arrow had gone away obviously), and when it turned yellow she couldn't see any cars coming so she advanced to make the light. She failed to yield at an intersection. I honestly did not want her to get cited because I knew it was an accident and not just stupidity. but owell. hope that clears it up. I found out about 2 hours ago why my head hurts..Its not from the airbag, but from the 2 inch cut on the top of my mellon. Ouchy
                anyway gonna take some vicodin and get some sleep.. talk to you all later.

Comment

Glad everyone was ok...drive safe!

KCCO!!!
                  Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I was sitting there eating and thought...OMG I could be eating one of the slow learners!"

Comment

It's scary how fast things can happen on the road. I'm glad you and your are okay Viper.

Comment

Glad to hear that yall are well, Atlaest you where in the cage and not on the Kat!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Glad to hear you are ok, it could have been so much worse, thank goodness there wasn't a passenger in her car too!
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Heal up fast!
                          You pwned that grand marquis.
                          Live and Lean.
                          When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                          "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                          Romans 3:23

Comment

glad you are ok and not on your bike at the time, that would have been a nasty. sounds like she went into the intersection ASSUMINGLY

Comment

Actually yellow means yield not stop....
                              Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Working...
                              X