X

My Test Ride: GIX 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Test Ride: GIX 750

Since it was such a nice day here in Canada I had a couple of visitors show up on my doorstep.
    Turns out Haggisman was bored of watching FASTER and decided to do some actual riding.

Haggi made the 60km trip out to my place with Range and Cruiserboy in tow.
    Looks like he found some mud puddles along the way and just couldn't be seen with any dirt on his new bike.

l/r - Range, Crusierboy, Brandon, Josh, Haggi

This is one damn nice bike. And friggin fast. He graciously let Range and myself take her for a spin. I was so excited after my first run I had to take another one just to make sure I didn't miss anything. 8)

This bike will sit you back in the seat so fast it isn't even funny.
    It will jump from 60km/h to 180km/h in the blink of an eye. No exaggeration there folks... I'm quite serious.
    On a nice quiet backroad I was cruising in 4th at around 7000rpms and I look down to see I was at 178km/h.... felt like I was doing 80.
    And the redline is 14500rpms! I still had 7500rpms to play with!
    Unreal.

Conclusion:
    1.IT'S FAST

2.In the hands of a newbie... I can see bad things happening really
    quickly.

3.If my new Daytona has HALF the power of this Gix I will be VERY happy.

4.More comfortable than I expected. I had no problem with the seating position. People say how they knock their nuts on the tank all the time. My nuts were just fine.

5.Beautiful bike Haggi. Can't wait to see it back out when the roads are a little cleaner.

Thanks dude. The ride was awesome. I'm still grinnin.

Ok who is cleaning the bike? Your son or Haggi? I see Range in the background but who is that standing beside him. Yes the GIXXER is a sweet Bike. Another thing you must live in a very nice Neighborhood. Now we know how you got that new bike.

Oh yeah Junior I got out on my bike too :P Boy it was a nice 60 and sunny. I even rode it to work tonight.. Going to be real cold going home though.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

HS - That's my neighbors mansion across the street. My mansion isn't quite that large, but still comfy.

Yes, that's Range in the back next to Cruiserboy, who just traded his 03 VStar 1100 for an 04 Vulcan Nomad 1500. (You can see the VStar in the background)
      My oldest son Brandon is beside him and then my second son Joshua.

Yes, that's Haggi washing the bike. After Range and I got finished with it he wouldn't let anyone else touch it.

Comment

Haggi looks like a Child.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by Highsight2020
          Haggi looks like a Child.

He's even smaller in person.

You'll see what I mean at the Gap.

Comment

Since he is small, that bike willfly with him on it too. Now who is he married to on here or is he? Trying to get every one straight before the rally
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by Highsight2020
              Since he is small, that bike willfly with him on it too. Now who is he married to on here or is he? Trying to get every one straight before the rally
              That bike would fly if he was 300lbs too.

His better half is the lovely Freckles.

Comment

See now you know why I love my bike. It has the 1st generation Gixxer engine in it. Be retuned a little but not by much. It came off the ground today on me in 2nd when I rolled on the throttle.
                www.mopowersports.com

Comment

That's a nice looking ride. I am definately going out for some test rides this summer.

Sigh, I though about getting the bike ready for a ride (all the fairings are off) but instead I sat down on the deck with a cigar and started reading TOTW II. It was an afternoon well spent. Besides there's always tomorrow.
                  Kyle

Comment

Nice pics Junior. Haggis, you have a really nice machine there!
                    AMA member # 224227

Comment

hhmm... water + snow + cold = ice..be careful in that driveway!

nice to have a mini KR rally right in your own driveway in February!

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                        nice to have a mini KR rally right in your own driveway in February!
                        Us Canucks will have a rally anytime, anyplace!! NOTHING stops us!!

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                          hhmm... water + snow + cold = ice..be careful in that driveway!
                          +1

Comment

Nice Gixxer there!
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Well it was to warm to pass up the opportunity to ride today. It was a, shall we say, Brisk ride out to Junior but was great coming back. Glad that you guys got out and put the smiles back where they belong...:P
                              Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X