X

My Test Ride: GIX 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reece
    Now you understand why the GSXR 750 is the best superstreet bike in production.

Period.

No matter what year either!!!! I love my older school gix!!!
    sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
    MSF Rider Coach 27028
    MoPowerSports.com
    Torco
    SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Wow this is the first time i've seen your new bike. Nice....REALLY NICE!!!!
      I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

Re: My Test Ride: GIX 750

Originally posted by Junior
        ...This bike will sit you back in the seat so fast it isn't even funny.
        It will jump from 60km/h to 180km/h in the blink of an eye. No exaggeration there folks... I'm quite serious.
        On a nice quiet backroad I was cruising in 4th at around 7000rpms and I look down to see I was at 178km/h.... felt like I was doing 80.
        And the redline is 14500rpms! I still had 7500rpms to play with!
        Unreal.
        Conclusion:
        1.IT'S FAST

2.In the hands of a newbie... I can see bad things happening really
        quickly.

3.If my new Daytona has HALF the power of this Gix I will be VERY happy.

4.More comfortable than I expected. I had no problem with the seating position. People say how they knock their nuts on the tank all the time. My nuts were just fine.
        That's funny you should say all that. Try it with 30% MORE horsepower and the same weight!

Here's what I said about my bike after the first few rides:

Originally posted by BISQ
        Well, she came home today:

What an AMAZING machine. Wow.

I had no idea what I was missing. This is a "snap" bike....as in "snap your fingers and you're doing 50", or "snap your fingers and you're doing 100".

...or "snap your fingers and you're dead".

You need to have all hands on deck when riding this rocket.

Keep in mind that I haven't gotten her over 7k, and I'm taking it WAY easy during break-in. I did about 60 miles today in 40 degree temps, with about 30 minues in a rainstorm. As afraid of the new tires as I am, I still can tell that this bike is a sharpshooter. I traveled over some s-turns on the way to my office that are a workout on the Kat at 70mph. I tooled through them "taking it easy" on the R1 and looked down to see that I was doing 85. No effort, no complaints from the bike, no "push back". Just tell this racehorse what to do, it she does it.

Instantly.

First gear is oddly long. It made for a few akward first starts, but (*snap*) you're doing 45. Remember, this is NOT pushing it. 45 is probably 6k in first gear--redline is just about 14k--so that makes it at around 9:00 on the tach, where redline is at 3:30, for a visual. 85 on the highway home from the dealer was loafing. And then I realized I was still in 5th gear. :baa

This is a bike to be respected, big time. I wish I get some more passable days to scrub the tires in a little and get some more miles on her. I did travel through my sections of "turns" that I frequent on the Kat. Effortless. Unbelieveable smoothness.

The bike sounds INCREDIBLE! Crack the throttle a little, and you get a head-turning *BAAAAWWWW* that is indescibable. The brakes havent really "come in" or "seated" yet, so I can't rate them until I give them more work. Even 60 miles in, they are incredible. I am a little surprised at the length of pull and tightness of the clutch lever. I'm sure that will loosen with time, and as I figure out the mechanical adjustments.

The wind is right on you! :lol I thought that I stuck up above the Kat! Full chest blow. :P I actually don't mind it that much--it really gives me the feeling that I'm out there with the bike.

The ergos are FANTASTIC! I thought for sure that I would be crunched and on my hands. Not so at all. Very, very comfortable. I rode for an hour, and despite having to take a break from the cold, there was no discomfort at all. Very comfortable seat, too.

I am absolutely awestruck by the power and capability of this machine.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Working...
        X