X

My bike fresh from painting!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THAZKAT
    Awesome, get smoked signals for a really awesome stealth look.
    Yeah what he said...

Looks like a really quality job. Did you paint the mirrors as well?
    AMA member # 224227

Comment

i know sportbike riders arent generally into crome. But I can tell you that any crome you put on that bike will look 100% better because of that paint job. Flat matte black makes crome look much better.

Nice paint job by the way!
      Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Thanks for all the nice comments. I worked really hard to prep and get this paint right. And to here all of the great comments lets me know my hard work was worth it.

Thanks
        Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigCorySBFMC707
          One thing id for sure, I will make sure that I have my clears installed before posting any pics, lol

What kit do you hsve on the under tail, that looks real sweet

There is no kit. I bolted the plate up under/in the tail and put a car plate light on it. It workd really well and can be seen from behind while im riding. Havent had any runins with Mr. POePOe yet. The Blinkers are carbon stalks, and are mount inside the fender towards each other...If you look at one of the pics, just above the end of the passenger peg you can see one of the blinkers....

I will snap a pic sometime!
          Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Meikol2
            Originally posted by THAZKAT
            Awesome, get smoked signals for a really awesome stealth look.
            Yeah what he said...

Looks like a really quality job. Did you paint the mirrors as well?

Thanks,

I didnt paint the mirrors but looks like it huh?!

Comment

Cool! It does look nice.
              I agree that with that color clear signals and chrome/polish really sets it off..
              Or Bright white.. Like the Ducati 888,
              Black body white frame/ wheels..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                Cool! It does look nice.
                I agree that with that color clear signals and chrome/polish really sets it off..

Hmmmm, white powdercoated wheels and frame. Interesting idea. Does look sweet in my head. But I think, not positive though, I am going to powdercoat the wheels gunmetal later. All black bike with just a few suttle chrome/gray areas?! Idunno, its a neverending process....

Comment

Looks Great! I love the black swing arm. I did mine black, rhino lining actually, and it looks real cool. I'm glad to see others agree with the black swingarm! Nice ride.

Comment

Originally posted by blkpitbull
                    Cool! It does look nice.

Hmmmm, white powdercoated wheels and frame. Interesting idea. Does look sweet in my head. But I think, not positive though, I am going to powdercoat the wheels gunmetal later. All black bike with just a few suttle chrome/gray areas?! Idunno, its a neverending process....
                    so if I have this correct, you have silver rims and them to be black, I have black ones and just paid to make them silver, something just seems wrong about that? lol
                    Big Cory
                    SBFMC 707
                    2005 Hayabusa

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
                      Looks Great! I love the black swing arm. I did mine black, rhino lining actually, and it looks real cool. I'm glad to see others agree with the black swingarm! Nice ride.
                      So it looks like the wrinkled black finish on a HD
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

sounds like a possible trade?!
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by BigCorySBFMC707
                          Originally posted by blkpitbull
                          Cool! It does look nice.

so if I have this correct, you have silver rims and them to be black, I have black ones and just paid to make them silver, something just seems wrong about that? lol

I wish we would have known before. I wouldve traded ya...I have been looking for someone with black (98+) wheels to trade with. I still may go ahead and powdercoat the gunmetal...

Comment

dude, have you heard or nightshades? they're like a spray tint you can get at autoshops. anyway, if you tint your front sigs it will look even better. just an idea
                            Hello World.

Comment

Looks AWESOME!!

Don't tint the front sigs... use clear ones. They will tie in with the headlights and make it "pop".

I've seen people with that spray-on nightshades ... nearly rearended a Mazda cuz his lights didn't show... not safe IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                                Looks AWESOME!!

Don't tint the front sigs... use clear ones. They will tie in with the headlights and make it "pop".

I've seen people with that spray-on nightshades ... nearly rearended a Mazda cuz his lights didn't show... not safe IMO.
                                I agree with Junior....your bike looks phenomenal...just needs a solocowl!

Comment

Working...
                                X