• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo

wow is all i can say

I call !!!!!
    Trust me, I'm a doctor!

Comment

Um , his speedo jumps INSTANTLY from like 70 to 120 . Like NO delay . I don't see how that's possible .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Also, dropping 25-30 pounds of boost is pretty unlikely, unless he's running a tank engine. I would imagine a bike engine shouldn't have more than about 15 psi.

There was a great vid on a turbocharged Busa somewhere. The thing flies.
        MikeG
        Central Oregon
        2006 Suzuki GSX600F
        (That's a Katana for non-insurance-agent people!)

Comment

Originally posted by md86
          Um , his speedo jumps INSTANTLY from like 70 to 120 . Like NO delay . I don't see how that's possible .
          I dunno where the speedo picks up on that bike (guessing not the front wheel), but on my car if I get the wheels spinning really good the speedo will jump like that up to about 60-70 when I'm barely moving...maybe that's what happened? Seemed like he was fighting for traction. The boost level has got to be BS though...30ish PSI
          --2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
          --'91 Katana 600/'04 Gixxer 600 Hybrid

Comment

Look at the trees and signs around the road. No change when the speed changes that dramatically? BS.
            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
            -Terence

Comment

The tack sound of RPM's and speedo all seem to be together (tire spin). It looks to me like a real vid. Who knows if the if the PSI reading is correct and who knows if the speedo is correct, but the vid seems real.
              2006 GSX600F

Comment

Huh , I guess if it reads of the sprocket the spinning wheel COULD explain the speedo jump ... Do many bikes read off the front wheel anymore ?
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Most run off the output from the tranny which would explain registering tire spin.

This guy is riding a turbo-charged bike with just a t-shirt on!?!?!?! Crazy!

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                  who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

I would agree with tire spin. BUT, 25-30 lbs of boost is ISH lol. I'm runnin 17 lbs on my car and am right about lean. I suppose he could have upgraded the fuel system accordingly, BUT then you would undoubtably hear some backfiring. 25 lbs of boost would require about 230 lph of fuel, so opening it up, then releasing before full boost would cause some mad ass backfire...anyone with a turbo could tell you that...shit, anyone who understands how a turbo works could! Only one person knows, and that's the guy who put that boost guage on! BTW, when a bike wheelies the front wheel slows down so if (for some reason) it was reading off the front wheel, it would've done the opposite

Comment

little crazy, the gauge could just read in inHg, and if it is 30 inHg that is roughtly 14.73 psi. but i doubt because all the boost gauges i have seen is inHg for the vac and psi for boost or bar.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

You can see the t-shirt wearin' squid's reflection in the gauges...

Originally posted by md86
                        Huh , I guess if it reads of the sprocket the spinning wheel COULD explain the speedo jump ... Do many bikes read off the front wheel anymore ?
                        the SV650 reads off the front wheel...

Comment

This is real the reason for the jump in speed is wheel spin, on the busa the speedo is on the front sprocket, notice how it gets to 120 and stays even though hes on the gas. and that boost is easy most strong busa turbo motors run around 20-25 psi, I had a turbo busa.

Comment

bullshit

Comment

Wow
                              Greetz from the South of Germany

750 Katana (GSX 750F) year 2002

Comment

Working...
                              X