Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

ICON Mainframe Helmets Anyone? (Potential BDay Gift)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICON Mainframe Helmets Anyone? (Potential BDay Gift)

Hi, after doing some thinking i've decided it is time for a new helmet this year. I have a birthday coming up in exactly one month and have dropped some hints to the fiance that this is what I'd like to get. Of course I layed in on thick about how it would help keep me safer and how my current helmet is a bit old and loose.

I'm a big fan of ICON's gear and have had good experience with their products, so I've got my eye on these ICON Mainframe Halo Fusion helmets. Does anyone on KR own one of these, or another variant of the Mainframe model? If so could you please reply with a breif review of it?

I want something that is safe, quiet, and comfortable to wear for long trips (read: won't cook my brains). I'm open to other suggestions, but I'm not interested in getting flooded with arguments over things like "icon sucks go with aria" or "go with modular instead of full face".

As always, thank you for sharing your wisdom KR's.
    I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

i like icon helmets, i had one a few years ago and loved it. my gf right now uses the mainframe(flat blue) and likes it alot. their prices are great too i think. they just came out with some new graphics which are pretty cool too.

but make sure you try them on a friend of mine Hated my old icon helmet said it didnt fit him at all so....

whats the price for it at newenough? helmetharbor(local to me) has the new skull/maniac graphic ones for 279.95 and the old style for 234.95...
    03 katanika

Comment

I think newenough had a deal on the Alliance helmet..only $72.00...check it out:
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

i have the same helmet that you're talking about. i bought it for 99 bucks... you can get the icon mainframe halo at www.denniskirkoutlet.com and they are priced at 160 dollars.
        as for the looks they're hot. and they are worth the money i would def look into buying one of them.
        "One pork sausage please...."

Comment

My roomate has the blue Halo, and just got his black visor. It looks ultra sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by nitros222

This is the one I just purchased. I went for a short ride today and seems much lighter and more comfortable than my own shoei

Comment

A local in the bike club I hang with from time to time has a new mainframe, its definately sweet..not real heavy and pretty well ventilated. Ive been considering this one for my next lid as well.

Comment

They are made by KBC just an FYI. They look good and most people that have them give good feedback on them. Look around you can find them for a decent price all over the net. I know our store www.cyclegear.com has some on there for cheap the last time I looked. You can also check out www.helmetcity.com www.motorcyclecloseouts.com
                www.mopowersports.com

Comment

thank you for the feedback everyone. now i just have to talk the woman into buying it.
                  I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Comment

Get the halo with Rubatone not the gloss. Nice helmet

Comment

the old lady never ponied up enough cash to get me a helmet (or anything for that matter) for my birthday. i was going to buy it myself but i ended up having to put brakes and a new oil pan gasket on my cage, and a new rear tire (mine got a nail in it) on the Kat, which wiped out my piggy bank. i'm still working on getting one, however i am a bit in debt at the moment. i guess i just won't crash right? :/

Comment

I've got an Icon Mainframe and Alliance as well as a few from other manufactures. For the $$$, IMHO, you can't beat an Icon lid.
                        05 GSX-600
                        89 zx750r
                        04 Honda TRX-450

Comment

Me and hubby both have Icon mainframe and more then satisfied of them .. light and confortable ... can<t ask more from an helmet
                          Guylaine
                          Try and keep up now

Comment

I have one for the past 5 weeks. I like it a lot. The ventilation is great, but it's a bit noisy at speed.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I have the Halo fusion silver and black with the RST silver visor.

It is an awesome helmet. It does get a bit noisy around 100 though. I have worn my friends Shoei and such and it is a lot more calm inside the lid. Either way for the money it is an awesome lid. Great ventilation and sight lines.

I will note though that I got stung on my hand once and dropped the lid about 3 feet to the ground or so. I cracked the top vent system. I had to use a little epoxy to seal it back up.

Due to how popular the lid is I am still waiting on a vent replacement kit. Supposed to be out in July from being on back order.

Oh and I got my complete lid for like 154 from island-racing.com If you go there cal land talk to Craig and tell him Andy with the really picky GF sent you there. HA HA
                              I am a Penn State fanatic.
                              Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Working...
                              X