X

Frank Thomas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Thomas

have any of you heard of Frank Thomas gear? i have personally never heard of it until i went to a bike shop called cyclegear (cyclegear.com) they had $189 boots on sale for $89.. just wondering if anyone has ridden in that brand and how you like it.
    Matt

The Difference Between Ordinary And Extraordinary Is That Little Extra

For winter riding, I have one of their gortex (aqua) jackets and pants....they seem to produce pretty nice stuff, except that it's the cyclegear contract stuff.....personally, if I were you, alpinestars would be a better brand, as I know they sell them their and at comparable prices.

Comment

i also have their aqua textile jacket - comfy & keeps me dry. hasn't had any skid tests

i'd search google for reviews

tim

Comment

wasn't he a baseball player?

Comment

Originally posted by Range
          wasn't he a baseball player?
          still is I think..

Comment

that's what I was thinking too..white sox right?

but the gear, no, havent used it yet. let us know how it works out for you

Comment

Alot of the guys over here on the socalsportbikes forum use them. Guess they are ok (I haven't heard of any failures with them). Most say they are better than Icon but not up to par with the high end stuff
              sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
              MSF Rider Coach 27028
              MoPowerSports.com
              Torco
              SoCalTrackDays

Comment

The first time I saw that gear was at Cycle Gear here in Phoenix. Looks to be good stuff and not too expensive either.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I just picked up a set of Frank Thomas gloves for 90 they feel really nice. Going to use them for my MSF class.
                  Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
                  fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
                  fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
                  girls = yammah
                  yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix_Rising
                    I just picked up a set of Frank Thomas gloves for 90 they feel really nice. Going to use them for my MSF class.
                    Give us alittle review then of them, and how they work out in ur class. if any of your classmates or instructors have an comments about them.

Comment

Frank Thomas has been selling gear in the UK for like 15 years at least.. It always looked like good gear. So at least you know they arnt new at it.
                      For reviews maybe check the UK online pages.

Comment

always wanted some just to pricy.

Comment

Originally posted by blacksheep
                          always wanted some just to pricy.
                          Just how much money can you put on your life and limb????
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I see that stuff on Ebay all the time. Never saw a review though.

She'd be smiling if she had 996 cc's of thumping twin power between her legs

Comment

There has been a CycleGear in the Tulsa area now for about a year. I really like that place. The Frank Thomas stuff I have looked at seemed to be pretty good quality, but I have not purchased anything leather yet, my gear is textile. But when I get ready to buy some leather, I will most likely get it at Cycle Gear, and they have some great prices.
                              2000 Kat 600
                              "Fast Blue"
                              Pic in Profile

Comment

Working...
                              X