X

JR Pheonix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JR Pheonix

i am thinking of having my girlfriend get me a pair of pheonix pants for x mas. has anyone used them and like them? i know they arent the best for protection, but i know they are better than jeans. just dont have the $ right now for leather.
    Matt

The Difference Between Ordinary And Extraordinary Is That Little Extra

i have one for sale ...large womens small mens, black, and ready for shipping ...MINT CONDITION...whoooops its ajacket ...sorry

Comment

Im looking at a similar pair for xmas, and a jacket too. I dont have the cash to grab some leathers either at this point. but the textile is better than nothing, and still has the body armor, and protect your arse just fine. But if you do go down, ur more likely to have to replace these than leathers. new enough has a ton of these on sale / closeout right now.

Comment

ahh come on Duff trying to make me feel bad? mens small? what am i gonna do with that? put it around my left arm? i would look like chris farley on Tommy Bow, fat guy in a little coat
        Matt

Comment

I have never tried Pheonix pants personally, but I have spoken to others that have gone down in them and they saved their skin. It seems that mesh gear would only be good for one off, but you only need it once then you can replace it.

Comment

I have the Pheonix pants...very comfortable...and not to hot...Ballistic pants are notorious for being hot.

you can wear jeans underneath for more protection.

good investment...if you can't afford leather yet...

Comment

You should save the money and go for the leather
              Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Sometimes you can pick up good leathers on E-bay pretty cheap. I got a brand new 2 pc leather AGV suit for $150. You just have to spend some time looking. Came with armor in it too.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

since mesh isnt hard to replace, if you do go down, it wont break the bank getting some stuff.. but the textile/mesh gear is pretty good stuff overall. lasts longer than you might think.

Comment

go for it, get the mesh. If you are as good a rider as some think they are the mesh will last forever.lol
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I for one can not get leathers. I just can't seem to find a pair that would fit me. I was looking at the JR pants, and had made up my mind on the balistics. Now, I may have to see if they make the mesh in my size.

Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

I wore mine for my first season, very comfortable. In colder months a pair of track pants underneath did the trick.

The only thing I found was after wearing leather pants for all of this season, the day I did wear the phoenix pants I felt naked.
                        Kyle

Comment

alright, thanks for the imput
                          Matt

Comment

Matt,
                            I used Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh Jacket and Pants last season. I have not gone down wearing them, but I would recommend them. Great in hot weather. Then when it gets cold I switch to Joe Rocket Meteor 4 ballistic gear. Get both and you're set (and it won't break the bank).
                            I ride, therefore I am.

Comment

Nice bike Court93Kat
                              http://www.putfile.com/omegajireh AKA ONYOUR6 ......If you think education is expensive, wait till you see the price of ignorance!

Comment

Working...
                              X