X

womens boot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• womens boot?

So my gal needs some better boots for the alaskan winter and she doesn't want to wear "ketchikan sneakers". So I thought I should look into waterproof motorcycle boots for her.

So far from what I can tell, she digs the generic look of harness boots,
    and she likes the way icon's elsinore boots look. The taller the boot the less snow get in it. so tall boots are a plus.

I have for a long time not enjoyed the quality of icon's products compared to their prices so I am still looking around.

What are your ladies wearing, where can they be found? what type of quality is to be expected?
    Last edited by il_ragazzo; 12-19-2013, 04:21 PM.
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

My concern is that motorcycle boots really aren't meant to walk in. They don't offer a good sole nor the appropriate insole support. I also find that they aren't well insulated on the bottom of the foot.

That being said, I have the Icon Bomshells and they are good for bike to real work use, they loom like normal boots. You can put insole in them and they look and work like real wedge boots. The soles would need to be watched and you would probably want to have them resoled with something more durable.

I now ride in a* smx boots. They are great, comfortable for riding and short bursts of walking. They look like black storm trooper boots though, and I'd worry about wearing out the bottoms with a lot of walking.
    Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Those look nice... thanks. How do I find a place to get boots resoled?
      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
      Tony
      94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
        Those look nice... thanks. How do I find a place to get boots resoled?

I'd start with...

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X