X

How Do You Stay Warm?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Stay Warm?

when i go riding out side right now, its only get to about low 50's but I am Freezing. what do you all do to keep warm?
    Matt

The Difference Between Ordinary And Extraordinary Is That Little Extra

Wear layers. I live in TN so it gets cold. IN 50 degrees I just wear my textile jacket, my compression shirt(under armour)with a sweatshirt. Pants, My Riding boots and something to cover my neck to help keep from getting a sore throat. That is about it.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I pee in my wetsuit....

Comment

layered clothing and a balaclava to keep my head and neck warm.
        Andre

Comment

Layer's of clothing, but not to be serious, try going slower! lol
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Wear LOTS of clothes . Here's what I wore last winter down to about 30* ...
            Started with long johns , jeans , lined windbreaker pants (snowpants?) , one pair normal socks under wool socks , sweatshirt , mesh jacket (for armor) , lined windbreaker jacket (mom got it for me from the Marlboro catalogue!) , scarf , Dickies fleece-lined work gloves with rubber palms . Warm enough down to around 30-35 . Didn't ride when it was much colder than that . Gets hard to move with too many layers on , so try to get by with as little as possible . Just make sure the outside layer is something that shrugs off the wind really well , that's the most important part .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I wear one of these Receka suits under my leathers (warm in the winter, cool in the summer)

-and a balaclava makes a significant difference:

Just having the balaclava on keeps the wind (cold) from getting under your helmet and on your neck/into your jacket. It really will make a big difference in your comfort level.

I went to the mountains last weekened and it was probably around 40 degrees (without considering the wind chill factor) but the only thing that got chilly were my fingers.
              You got it.
              Get on it.

www.georgiasportbike.com

Comment

I assume we're talking about what to wear to keep warm when riding ? But either way, yeah, layers man, layers for sure. The armour line of gear is way warm, I dont have any, but I borrowed a set from a buddy of mine not to long ago to wear, and that coupled with another layer of long johns and normal riding gear, and I was good to go.

now my hands, yeah, I have to wear a pair of isotoner gloves under my joe rockets or icon gloves, since the wind just seems to make my fingers cold no matter what, unless i do that.

Comment

Long Johns a sweatshirt and a Technic Interstate Jacket take me down to about 40 degrees.

Comment

gortex jacket under my joe rocket phoenix 2.0 jacket and my joe rocket meteor pants

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Wilson
                      I pee in my wetsuit....
                      Ok...... I'm riding in front the next ride.

Layers! I've taken to wearing this undergear called "Hot Chillies". They're a two-piece pants and a turtleneck top that are like thermals but way warmer. Got them at REI. 'Bout $50 each. Work really well under my textile jacket and jeans, but I can't wait to try them with my new leathers.

Balaclava and over the calf snowboard or ski socks and I'm toasty.
                      sigpic

Comment

suck it up you wusses!

in Canada, you learn at an early age....dress in layers!

Comment

I live in Australia.
                          fulcrum (aka David)
                          Blue 2004 GSX750F
                          Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
                          If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

Originally posted by fulcrum
                            I live in Australia.

And that's right around the corner from Redondo Beach, isn't it?
                            sigpic

Comment

Yep, just head to Redondo Beach and then go a little way to the South West.
                              fulcrum (aka David)
                              Blue 2004 GSX750F
                              Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
                              If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X